Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, I recently purchased a 2015 CRV Touring and bought the appropriate cables to mirror my iPhone on the screen. The mirroring worked flawlessly while the car was in park. However, once I shifted out of park (into Reverse, Drive etc.), I lost video feed but could still hear audio.

Long story short, this will not work if you plan to use a GPS app from your phone on the screen.

I need some answer please.

Thanks

·
Registered
182 Posts
HI, I recently purchased a 2015 CRV Touring and bought the appropriate cables to mirror my iPhone on the screen. The mirroring worked flawlessly while the car was in park. However, once I shifted out of park (into Reverse, Drive etc.), I lost video feed but could still hear audio.

Long story short, this will not work if you plan to use a GPS app from your phone on the screen.

I need some answer please.

Thanks
If you are using Honda's nav app then you don't select HDMI from the audio screen. You need to select Hondalink from the main screen on the head unit. There will be a button for navigation. Keep in mind that you will need to authorize the connection on your iPhone. I've been using this for the last year and it works great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Standard feature even on the 2016s. Need to use Honda Link and register it, then use can use approved apps while car is in motion.

Touch screen apps like Nav (via Hondas $60 nav app), Iheart audio, aha are available via Honda link on my 2016 XLT AWD.

Pandora app is the one exception that works outside of the Honda link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts