Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi:
We recently purchased a 2018 Honda CR-V Touring and I was wondering if it is possible to disable the power tailgate button on the keyfob and just open the tailgate with the buttons on the tailgate or the handsfree kick feature.
The reason I want to disable the keyfob button is because when the car is parked in the garage and the keyfob is in your pocket it is possible to inadvertently to press that button and the tailgate will open into your garage door. This did happen to me once but luckily my garage door was opened.
Thanks for any help.
Doug

·
Registered
538 Posts
Hi:
We recently purchased a 2018 Honda CR-V Touring and I was wondering if it is possible to disable the power tailgate button on the keyfob and just open the tailgate with the buttons on the tailgate or the handsfree kick feature.
The reason I want to disable the keyfob button is because when the car is parked in the garage and the keyfob is in your pocket it is possible to inadvertently to press that button and the tailgate will open into your garage door. This did happen to me once but luckily my garage door was opened.
Thanks for any help.
Doug
Easier to adjust the opening height on the tailgate. That's would I did in my garage.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Will your tailgate clear a down garage door when parked 6” from the garage door? Think that’s what the OP means even though it wasn’t quite said that way.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Hi:
Thanks for any help.
Doug
You can't totally disable the fob button but you can change the setting so that it cannot open the tailgate when the doors are locked. It's under Settings/ Vehicle/ Power Tailgate Setup/ Keyless Open Mode. Choose "When Unlocked". The tailgate button and kick feature will still work when the doors are locked, provided the fob is with you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts