Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found out from my mechanic I need another exhaust manifold for my 98 EX AWD since the one I have is cracked -- or so he says from the noise, currently the manifold is blocked from view because of a heat shield mounted w/rusty bolts (I trust him so I know he's not trying to rip me off). After searching online I find out there are different types, primarily the difference seems to be emissions and 2wd vs Awd. I can't tell and outside of a honda parts site asking for the VIN number (not available at the moment since it's not parked nearby right now) I can't tell what I need (it's got a single downstream/wastegate pipe for what it's worth vs the dual I see so far).

Also, since new ones from Honda are expensive is it worth getting a good quality used one? How do I find out which I need (I live in the northeast US), any recommended sites, dealers? I'm fine with stock since I'm not looking to mod the car though I'm fine with getting it as long as I don't have to mod the engine. I'm just looking for standard parts to pass the emissions without resorting to tricks.

-Thanks

·
Registered
772 Posts
First, let me welcome you to the forum. As for your manifold, it should be available @ most salvage yards as mentioned by OP. You should also check the classifieds section on this site, as there may be someone parting a total loss wreck from an accident. Also don't forget Ebay as well as Craigslist. JMHO and good luck.
David g............:cool:

·
Registered
772 Posts
Just looked on EBay, check out the below listing. Good luck.
David g..........:cool:

HONDA CRV CR-V OEM EXHAUST MANIFOLD HEADER*(Fits: 1998 Honda CR-V EX 2.0L)
$69.99
or Best Offer
Free shipping

1 - 4 of 4 Posts