Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I find information about possible rebates, incentives or cash back offers available when purchasing a new CRV?

Is there a way to determine if my dealer offers these and if they pass this directly to the buyer?

Do I negotiate the price of the vehicle and then request/expect this as additional $$ off the purchase price?

If I can get my own financing or don't really need Honda's Financing does it make sense to finance thru Honda to get an Incentive, then pay off the loan after 1 month? What does it cost to process the financing ?

I have seen loyalty/conquest Cash incentives posted, are these still available?

If I don't qualify for military or new grad incentives can I qualify for some other cashoff incentive ??

I really don't know how to puchase a new car :( - I wish the fair price was just posted and sold at that price

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
What I did is I went to a couple of dealers websites in my area and looked for their "internet price" request link. Once I got that number that was my starting point. In many cases it was less than the posted invoice price you'll find on place like Edmunds.com, KBB.com, etc.

I then looked for incentives like on the link 13CRV posted. Financing at the time I purchased mine was just .9% so I went with theirs.

I showed up with some printouts of all this information to each dealership I visited and went with the best deal, including the best price for my trade in my case. They usually don't like when you show up with a folder full of information :D

For example, the 2013 EX-L I purchased was $29,625 MSRP. Dealer invoice according to different sites was about $27,860. Edmunds true market value figure was $27,582. The lowest internet price I got from visiting dealer websites was $26,500. That was my starting point. I ended up getting the car for $26,347 with some accessories thrown in if I recall correctly.

I probably could have done better if I timed it right like end of year or end of quarter where dealerships are looking to make extra sales and so on.

There's a few ways to go about it, but that's what I did. Hope it helps some.

Good luck. Make it fun and make the salesman sweat a little :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've never seen a cashback/rebate advertised as being available to those who finance with Honda's .9 % interest rate, yet I've seen it discussed here.

Where do you find if that incentive is available?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts