Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2017 CRV has a Spoiler Tailgate which had its plastic bolts broken when I was driving the SUV in high winds, now I need to somehow get the plastic bolts from somewhere to fix this problem or install a new spoiler. Please advise as to how to install it as I cannot find any videos on the net.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi! I know this thread is a year old but this just happened to me- can you please let me know your experience with fixing? Is this something i can DIY? Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
The spoiler fell after it got hit by the garage door. I may have to replace it. Any idea of where can I get it from genuinely?
I am in Montreal, Canada.

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
966 Posts
The spoiler fell after it got hit by the garage door. I may have to replace it. Any idea of where can I get it from genuinely?
honda sells the spoiler seperately. If you’re white diamond pearl hit me up!

·
Registered
2,208 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same with me, all the retainer pins broke off. The spoiler itself is fine. Looking to get the pins that holds the spoiler. Please keep posted as you get this fixed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone determined HOW TO attach the spoiler BACK ON the car? I too hit my garage and the spoiler is in one piece. The parts were ordered on line and arrived in the mail on Saturday. How difficult is this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same with me, all the retainer pins broke off. The spoiler itself is fine. Looking to get the pins that holds the spoiler. Please keep posted as you get this fixed.
Did you ever figure out HOW TO fix this? I need instructions too.

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
966 Posts
Has anyone determined HOW TO attach the spoiler BACK ON the car? I too hit my garage and the spoiler is in one piece. The parts were ordered on line and arrived in the mail on Saturday. How difficult is this?
post pics of what the issue is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I hit the garage door and stopped my HRV. The spoiler was half off so I took the whole thing off. I ordered the 9 clips noted in this string. I need to know how to attach the spoiler back on. The 'clips' are kind of link a metal snap that would go on kids pants. There is a male part and a female part. One part does on the spoiler and the other on the HRV. I need to know how to take the 9 broken parts out of each (car and spoiler) and how to reattach all 9 without breaking them again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Garage door also pulled mine off, I ordered the parts from Halton Honda and got them yesterday. Here are the instructions for installation. Going to attempt now >< (ps. had to add spaces to link in order to post, just remove them)

https :// www. collegehillshonda .com / instructions/ hrv/ 2019/ tailgatespoiler. pdf

·
Registered
1 Posts
I could not get the white grommets to come out of my tailgate, so I cut off the white grommets from the replacement parts and just used the black stems. I’ll post again if it flies off in traffic, but it looks pretty secure. The link above was very helpful!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts