Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to make my 2009 CR-V sound just a little bit louder and deeper, with a lower tone of the exhaust, for a low price in a way that won't change anything else about the car. I dont want to have a loud ass rice burner, I just want it to sound deeper and lower. Is there a quick and easy way to do this?

·
Registered
686 Posts
He's talking about the whole silencer/muffler assembly. An exhaust tip will have almsot no impact on exhaust note from inside the car. Actually almost 1/2 of the sound is induction noise, the noise made from the intake of the engine. And aftermarket intake may help there. There might also be a couple of resonator chambers in the intake you could remove and plug up. They are mainly there to reduce noise levels at certain frequencies.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
i would leave it stock bro, to be honest. putting a RAI (if they make one for the 3rd gen) will make the engine sound a ton more stronger with out changing exhaust note. i did that mod alone of my first gen and the engine roared and sounded a lot more powerful... plus it adds MPG and a little power

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I want it to sound better when idling, from the exhaust. Will the fart cannon or muffler do that? I just want it to sound deeper and rumble in a way. It's too high and quiet, and i want it low and louder but not obnoxiously loud

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's the sound i'm looking for, that came out of the lancer in that youtube video. But is that just a bolt on? Like those ones at autozone? or is that an actual part that has to be replaced? In other words if i put that tip thing on the back of the car will it sound louder and lower?

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
That's the sound i'm looking for, that came out of the lancer in that youtube video. But is that just a bolt on? Like those ones at autozone? or is that an actual part that has to be replaced? In other words if i put that tip thing on the back of the car will it sound louder and lower?
IF that's the sound you're looking for, I'm afraid I can't help you further, because you wish to have a ricy fart cannon... please go for a "real" muffler.

·
Registered
367 Posts
if u want a muffler like that one in the video they have can style mufflers at autozone for like $25. U dont want a "tip" cause those do absolutly nothing. Here is the muffler i put on my 1st gen Crv. Its the muffler from the OBX catback

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
if you want it to sound lower drop a small block chevy majorly cammed 355 in it. :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUQaBSU0Iws - exhaust clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWoPnFYeMAk - in cab
(my blazer i just sold)

4 cylendar and "low, deep, rumble" dont belong in the same sentence. if you do change the muffler, get a chambered muffler (one like the above posted obx) not one of them fart cannons. i had straight pipe system put on my gen 1 with only a glasspack muffling it, at idle it sounded exactly like a v8 at idle, but touch the gas and it was loud and sounded like a major ricer, with the exception of popping like a v8 (due to 2.5 inch pipe and no muffler)

·
Registered
367 Posts
idk if ur right Chris on the Chambered thing. The OBX is a straight through design with a glasspack type rivets on the inside. Chambered would be like a Flowmaster?? I think the best muffler would be the Dynomax Ultra-Flow for the best sound and performance

·
Registered
2,712 Posts

·
Registered
2,712 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I dont mean i want it to sound ricey. I know what rice sounds like, but I thought that Lancer had a cool rumble. But it was too loud, and I just want it to idle and rev at a lower tone, I'm not so interested in making it loud and annoying lol. Chris, your CRV has a good sound, but I cant really tell if its got the type of idling and revving sounds I like

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
lyou could just delete the resonator that would bump out the sound from the stock muffler a bit. that plus a air intake would give you a nice sound. i believe you could probably get away with leaving the resonator, having a flowmaster welded on with a nice chrome tip. you can control the sound with a chambered muffler by different designs and more chambers but if you get a straight threw style like a "fart cannon" then you cant do much except add a secondary muffler or putting a silencer in the fart cannon

1 - 20 of 25 Posts