Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This applies both to 2015 and 2016 Honda CR-V Touring

The steps in the manual are a little short at least in our experience.

If you can not program your garage door opener using the proximity of the remote transmitter to your Selected Homelink Button 1,2 or 3, then follow these steps

1. Press the Learn button on the garage opener box located inside your garage
2. Within 30 seconds, PRESS 3x (times) the selected Homelink Button, ie. 1, inside your CR-V Touring
3. It is NOT a matter of holding 2 seconds and then releasing, simply press, release, press, release, press and release

Your Homelink Button 1 should now work and you may discontinue use of the remote transmitter

The part on pressing repeatedly 3 times is missing from the Owners Guide in all our Touring manuals.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I found it very difficult to program them 3 weeks ago, but eventually got it. (2 garages with rolling code garage door openers, 2 tourings) It took about 6 tries each, perhaps this missing step was the reason and we eventually hit it 3x out of frustration? Hey thanks for posting that. Noted for future use!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Resolved issue with random opening of garage door, signal was sent by neighbor

1. Hold and do NOT release the Learn button on garage door opener (not transmitter) until light first blinks and then goes out. Code generator has now been reset and all sending units will not open or close door.

2. Train any remotes by pressing Learn and then pressing remote until garage light blinks On/Off/On

3. Power off garage door opener.

4. On all our Ridgelines and Touring models, easiest way to retrain Homelink is the same procedure:

a) While garage opener is powered off, hold remote transmitter near Homelink button (ie. 1) and press simultaneously button and transmitter. Light will blink and then change to rapid blink. Be patient, it may take a while.

b) Turn on power to garage door opener. Press Learn button on garage door opener. Press the Homelink button (ie. 1) and hold until garage light blinks on/off/on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This worked!

2015 CR-V Touring. After trying the user manual and the Homelink (HL) instructions many times without success, I e-mailed HL with my problem. After a few exchanges of Q&As, the technician asked me how many buttons were on my remote. There were 3 (Overhead Door is the opener brand) .....one large and two smaller. I told him I had been using the large central button. He suggested trying one of the smaller buttons to train the car's HL button and go through the steps after that. I cleared the HL buttons, used a small remote button and it worked.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts