Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 SE with the hard spare cover. The tire shop guys took off my cover to put my spare on (so I could drive to another location where they had my replacement tire), but they didn't put the cover back on the spare when they were all done. It's the original spare (full-size), and for the life of me, I *cannot* get the bloody thing back on and zipped up.

Any hints or tips? Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's a royal pain to put the cover on. Leave the cover inside for a few hours so it will warm up and expand a little before installing. If it still won't slide on, get a can of spray silicone and lube the tire. The best would be Honda Spray Silicone, it doesn't stain, so there's endless uses for it. I use it on slow retracting seat belts all the time. Just extend the belt all the way and spray both sides.

·
Registered
312 Posts
i did this thing yesterday out of curiousity... ok i found out that the best "trick" to putting it back in is to:

1. separate the top zipper flap to the bottom cover zipper
2. insert and push from the right side first (that's where there's a bottom flap) and then proceed to push the left side (no bottom flap). this way, u can push the cover with clearance on the left side.

note: always eyeball the cover before completey zipping it. u don't wanna zip it crooked.. :eek: that's the worst, LULS GOOD LUCK! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts