Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today my 2019 EX was able to read from my 1 terabyte USB portable drive I had lying around, but this drive has all my music and videos (close to 300gb of data).
I wanted to use this drive that already has my full collection instead of copying only some songs/videos to another USB flash drive.

Before getting it to work:

This drive was segmented in two partitions as follows:

1 side NTFS, primary partition
1 side Fat32, logical partition.

All the music and videos are in the Fat32 side as it is the side that will be read by other systems other than my Windows 10 computer.

When connecting it to the USB port, I could feel the drive vibrating as if it was operational, but nothing was detected by CRV the head unit.

The solution:

If you use a big drive that is partitioned like mine was, make sure the FAT32 side you want the head unit to use is Primary, in my situation, it was logical.

Summary:

Previous configuration:
1 side Fat32, logical partition.

New configuration that worked:
1 side Fat32, primary partition.

I did the change in partition type mentioned above with an application from windows called EaseUS Partition Master Free Edition. A free version is available for home use. It was able to convert from logical to primary in minutes without having to move data around and reformat the full disk that would have taken hours to complete.

Hope this helps someone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
515 Posts
Wow ! Great info, thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts