1/4"-3/8" ratchet/power tool
Door panel removal tool
4-6" pick style tool

Remove the 3 hatch inserts
Remove the 3 top molds
Pop the main panel 1/2-3/4 of the way off
Each lights has 2 nuts and 2 bolts.
The center section has 2 bolts also.
Each tail light as 2 bolts. They just slide out smooth towards you. No prying.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Use a short phillips screw driver, then use the panel tool to help remove the reflector from the bumper.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks nice but not worth the risk of getting pulled over for imo
I have been looking for some cheap damaged tailights to testfit a sequential turn signal

Suprirsed you didn't plastidip the rear lower valence to match the window trim blackout
I'm running tinted headlights and tails on my wife's TBSS without any issues.

I'd be more concerned with being pulled over for the tinted windshield and dark windows than my tail lights :)

When my painter gets the front bumper to my wife's TBSS done, I'll be pulling front and rear silver to be painted.

I hope you figure those turn signals out, I'd enjoy that option myself

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I'm running tinted headlights and tails on my wife's TBSS without any issues.

I'd be more concerned with being pulled over for the tinted windshield and dark windows than my tail lights :)

When my painter gets the front bumper to my wife's TBSS done, I'll be pulling front and rear silver to be painted.

I hope you figure those turn signals out, I'd enjoy that option myself
TBSS, huh? Your username sounds familiar. I just checked Norcal's forum and it says you joined in 2010. I sold mine in '08 and really haven't posted much since. Were you on the original TBSS.com forum that shut down a little after Norcal started his?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TBSS, huh? Your username sounds familiar. I just checked Norcal's forum and it says you joined in 2010. I sold mine in '08 and really haven't posted much since. Were you on the original TBSS.com forum that shut down a little after Norcal started his?
I want to say I was on both. Now just on tbssowners. But at that time I didn't own a tbss yet. I wanted one bad, just never found exactly what I was looking for. Then life happens so the idea of a TBSS got put off.

I bought my wife a mild modded 06 and been tinkering every since.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
View attachment 134514
Tinted Tails and reflectors make it so much cleaner
Looks nice. :)

Now.. is it legal where you live? Is it legal anywhere you are likely to drive (say on a long trip across country and multiple states)?

You may not have had an issue yet on your wife's car... but that could just be that you have not crossed paths with a bored law enforcement officer looking to make their ticket quota for the month. :eek:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks nice. :)

Now.. is it legal where you live? Is it legal anywhere you are likely to drive (say on a long trip across country and multiple states)?

You may not have had an issue yet on your wife's car... but that could just be that you have not crossed paths with a bored law enforcement officer looking to make their ticket quota for the month. :eek:
They sell tinted tail light housings and tinted covers for other makes and models. So I doubt they'd really be trying to push too hard on the "tinted lights".

I'm sure I'd get pulled for the tinted windshield or 20% over factory on the doors :p
Either way, I'm never scared ?

Plus my wife is the police where we live ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts