Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi experts,
i am planning to paint my CRV's audio console/frame as well both heating/air flow ducts with " Krylon's - Fusion" silver color,
to remove console frame there is bolt bellow frame, but for air/heating duct i can't see any bolt to remove it??

do i just lift/pull it or how to remove both end (driver/ passenger side) air duct ???

help apriciated
thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Well, if you're talking about a 2002 -2006, the pice comes off by puling out two self-tapping screws. They are underneath the black trim, feel around and you'll see em, they are phillips head, and just 2 of em. After they are out, grab the black trim and pull towards you till it comes free. Then detach the hazard light switch by the connector on the back. The vents in it do not seperate from the trim in any way I see, so you may have to tape them before you paint./ Once you get that free you'll have to remove the radio to get to the air duct, not sure how to remove it but it may be a screw or bolt on top of it. Both sides direct into one duct behind the grilles. So it's only one piece.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
thanks for reply...

hi,
thanks for reply
mine is CRV - 2005 Realtime AWD , Automatic , canada
for center air/duct grill is not question i want to just paint frame(around audio and air duct grills) which has philips screw heads underneath of frame i will just remove the frame and work done
i need guidance for end side air duct grills which is above the cruise control/VSA main switch .
how to remove them?? i can't see any self tapping or lock type screw any where ??
just pull it over OR remove whole dashboard ??
even though today i will chack again if i find anything for this end side airflow grills.

thanks for your reply, i really appreciate it

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
I'm not sure on how to remove the ducts on the actual dash. They may pop out with a flat screwdriver, or you may have to remove the dash. I'd consult Lizzurd as he may have some diagram relating to it.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Hey Lizzurd, do the actual vent pieces come apart from the trim on any of the vents? I want to paint mine as well, instead of the trim stickers, but I don't want to paint the actual vent louvers because it may interfere with the rotation of them.

·
Premium Member
3,658 Posts
Hey Lizzurd, do the actual vent pieces come apart from the trim on any of the vents? I want to paint mine as well, instead of the trim stickers, but I don't want to paint the actual vent louvers because it may interfere with the rotation of them.
Without looking at the louvers it is hard to say. Once the vent is out you may be able to pop out the louvers with out breaking them.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
hi guyes....

hi
i was out of city whole week and too busy...
thanks a lot to lizzurd and serj22
your picture/diagramme is perfect
ultimately lift up/pop out carefully without broken knotch
this week end i will try to do that
let me try my luck

again thanks to you both guys and this excellent forum

1 - 9 of 9 Posts