Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have yet to figure out how to remove the low beam of my 17 crv ex. I tried turning it both ways but it won't budge. I'm afraid to break it. I'm planning to install my old hid from my 16 crv but I can't remove the bulb. The low beam now is a projector. Anyone here know how to take this off?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Remove the harness plug by pinching the end. Then twist the bulb counter clock wise it should come off. Don't try to do it with the harness plugged in. Good luck. I recently removed to install HID kit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm trying to replace hologen low beam bulbs. I can turn each bulb 1/4 turn clock wise, the bulb is loose, but I can't remove the bulb. I seams to be catching in the socket. How do I get them out?

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,013 Posts
To remove the bulb you turn it 1/4 turn counter clockwise to release it. Then 1/4 clockwise until it hits a stop. But in your case I think something is broke.

·
Registered
134 Posts
If your CRV has LED low beams, the bulbs don't come out. The head lights are a complete unit. You break it and you are out big $s. This is at least true for the 17 touring. Maybe the low trims are different.

·
Registered
211 Posts
If your CRV has LED low beams, the bulbs don't come out. The head lights are a complete unit. You break it and you are out big $s. This is at least true for the 17 touring. Maybe the low trims are different.
They are. The non-Touring vehicles have regular halogen bulbs that are replaceable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts