Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I reset the airbag warning on a 2013 CRV? I see tutorials online & youtube for older models, but not the newer CRVs

I think our habit of letting the dog ride shotgun in the passenger seat caused this by setting off the weight sensor occasionally. She has since been banished to the boot, and the battery has also been (coincidentally) changed, but the warning light is still triggered

I am hoping I can do a reset similar to that described for earlier models, and avoid a dealer trip. I don't have a code reader ( I havent read of any that reset this but let me know if they can) but I can do normal maintenance etc ok no problem.

Other than that the car is 120K miles and typical Honda (my 3rd in a row) faithful and uneventful

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,178 Posts
You need to get the error code to see why you have an SRS warning. Your dog riding shotgun would not cause this but a component failure does. You can go to most auto stores and have them pull the code at no charge.
If you are referring to the SRS indicator in the center of the dash next to the IMD, this is simply an SRS enabled/disabled indicator based on the weight seen in the passenger seat. Nothing to reset here, the sensor is working, not working.

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,178 Posts
If you are looking for a OBD scanner that can read and reset SRS codes, Bluedriver a good choice that works with your smart phone or tablet. They sell for $99.

·
Registered
2010 EX-L (AWD, non-Nav)
565 Posts
The problem needs to be fixed. Why? It's a requirement to drive with the dog in the front seat. How else can they stick their head out the window while you're driving? :) Since she's been banished to the trunk, she probably thinks she's done something wrong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts