Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After negotiating a good price, it took my dealer a week to locate the color combination I wanted and get it transported. Unfortunately, it has the door edge guards which I hate. How do I get them off? If it's a hassle l'll take it back to the dealer.

·
Registered
75 Posts
After negotiating a good price, it took my dealer a week to locate the color combination I wanted and get it transported. Unfortunately, it has the door edge guards which I hate. How do I get them off? If it's a hassle l'll take it back to the dealer.
That's door edge guards are ugly. I had to pay $250 with set of wheel locks as part of the deal for my Touring AWD.

·
Registered
679 Posts
That's door edge guards are ugly. I had to pay $250 with set of wheel locks as part of the deal for my Touring AWD.
Sounds like you got a terrible deal. No one should have to pay for stuff they don't want.

Door edge guards accumulate moisture and destroy the paint over time. They're the most useless and counter productive product ever.

Besides they're the "don't park next to me or I'll hit your door" product. It speaks to the carelessness of the owner.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Insanity i think is people that buy new vehicles with add on options they don't want. I don't know if its inexperience or impatience. If a dealer wants a sale (haven't met any that didn't) they will find exact vehicle you want... Another thread a lad said he is selling his running boards because the vehicle he had to make deal on had them. REALLY? i have probably bought 15 new vehicles. i have never had an add on option bought i didn't want..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Insanity i think is people that buy new vehicles with add on options they don't want. I don't know if its inexperience or impatience. If a dealer wants a sale (haven't met any that didn't) they will find exact vehicle you want... Another thread a lad said he is selling his running boards because the vehicle he had to make deal on had them. REALLY? i have probably bought 15 new vehicles. i have never had an add on option bought i didn't want..
It's neither (inexperience or impatience) in my case. I've been shopping since January. I found one dealer who would sell a future inbound without the add-ons, but without much of a discount. Cars, sitting on the dealers' lot were discounted more heavily. The standard add-on package ran from a low of $800 to one dealer having the nerve to say it was worth $3,000. The dealer I bought from also owns a Lexus dealership. My trade-in was a 2 year Lexus with under 10,000 miles. When I factored in the substantial sales tax savings, even with the add-ons, my out the door cost still represented a little over 4% discount off the the $31,135 MSRP. And a couple of the add-ons do have some limited value--tinted windows, floor mats, cargo mat, etc.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
An update on removing the door edge guards. Took it back to dealer. Technician explained they are hammered on after part of the seam sealer is removed. They could take them off but would require using touch it paint. Dealership agreed to take the car back and find one without the door guards. It took 3 weeks, but worth it. (Honda's logistics on allocating cars to the dealerships seems very screwed up.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts