Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know procedures for how to set “Keyless Entry” auto door locks for 2009 CRV so the horn does not beep?

On my 2009 CRV, it seems I have to push the key fob unlock button 3-4 times before it finally unlocks my back doors or hatch, and all the honking bothers my neighbors, especially if it’s late at night.

How do you set keyless entry to unlock ALL doors at once with the keyless entry fob?

Is it possible to set it to just flash lights when I unlock the doors (no honking)?

What’s the procedure for setting it back to original Factory Settings?

Found this video with a three setup tips for Honda Accord, but not sure if it works for older CRVs:

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
The way it works on all of our Hondas:

Press "unlock" once, driver's door unlocks. Press twice, remaining doors unlock. Horn does not sound, no matter how many times you press it.

Press lock once, all doors lock. Press lock twice, all doors lock and horn will sound. (That's to confirm the vehicle is locked.)

If the driver's door does not unlock after one press, or the remaining doors after the second press, there could be a problem with the door lock actuators or something else in the wiring.

If it is an aftermarket remote (not an original Honda key fob remote that works with the Honda system directly), then it could be doing anything.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts