Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
‘15 CRV EX-L
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can I set the TPMS normal pressure to 35 psi? How much below normal psi would trigger the low pressure light?

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I believe your year CR-V uses indirect measurement, rather than a sensor in the tire.
So it does it based on whether all four tires are rotating at the same speed.
So set all of your tires to 35 psi, and then follow the instructions in your Owners Manual for "TPMS Calibration". In my 2014 CR-V Owners Manual the instructions are on pages 252 and 253.

·
Registered
639 Posts
The 30/33 is for smooth driving - It wastes fuel, and the Touring has tires that tire wall says max at 44 lbs - at 30 lbs you are less than 3/4 of max pressure. 38lbs on 44 lbs tire is just about right.

At 38 lbs the tires wear evenly - no cupping or outer wear issues. I get pretty good MPG with the CR-V.

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,927 Posts
The V calls for 30/33, I do pump 3psi more on each tire.
I like that way, better fuel efficiency.
Yep... I do the same thing. CRV just handles a bit better at 10% more pressure in my experience.

My OEM tires are Hankooks.... and when I took delivery and got home.. they were still set at 45 lbs.. which is I think the pressure they use when shipping them (less tire flex, less CRVs coming loose in transit). It was the one thing the dealer missed in their dealer prep checklist. They did drive and handle well at that pressure, but were probably a lot noisier too. I reset them for 36/33 F/R and recalibrated TPMS.

·
Registered
2012 CRV EX-L
122 Posts
Is it advisable to run higher tire pressures in hot climates like Texas, Florida, etc.?

·
Registered
2014 CRV EX-L FWD
361 Posts
It is my belief that the engineers at Honda know more about vehicle safety (and the correct tire pressure) than owners - I follow their recommendations.
YMMV.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts