Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum and the CRV.

Considering trading our 2014 Ford Esacpe for a 2018 CRV.

Is it possible to tell the different trim levels apart from the
outside? I have seen touring models with a touring logo
on the back, but I cant differentiate between the lx and
ex, or ex-l.

Any info appreciated,

George

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
I think the LX has 17" wheels while the other 3 have 18" wheels. You'll have to look at the tire size on the sidewall. Looking thru the window, the EX-L has leather seats.....EX, LX have cloth seats.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Does the LX have twin tailpipes/muffs?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Touring - has badge on rear, polished trim on side/front/rear molding, led headlights, contoured rear diffuser with dual exhaust tips & black wheels

Ex/ex-L -have front sensor grill, sunroof, fog-lights, dual exhaust & 18” grey wheels

LX - has no sensor grill, no fogs, non painted handles, no sunroof , single exhaust and 17” civic looking wheels

·
Registered
653 Posts
You can get quick visual identification for the LX and Touring:

-LX has different rims, black door handles/spoiler, and no privacy glass
-Touring has the chrome-look stripe along the bottom of the doors

Everything else is either EX or EX-L, but hard to tell apart unless you peek at the upholstery.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
New to the forum and the CRV.
Considering trading our 2014 Ford Esacpe for a 2018 CRV.
Is it possible to tell the different trim levels apart from the outside? I have seen touring models with a touring logo on the back, but I cant differentiate between the lx and
ex, or ex-l.

Any info appreciated,

George
good decision.
a 2013 Escape hit the back of my brother's 2015 Tundra. totaled the Escape w/$3000 damage to his truck. my brother thought it was a Focus that hit him.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info folks,

It'll make it quite a bit easier to identify the trim levels,
especially when my wife asks me which trim level we're
looking at.

George

·
Registered
631 Posts
Touring - has badge on rear, polished trim on side/front/rear molding, led headlights, contoured rear diffuser with dual exhaust tips & black wheels

Ex/ex-L -have front sensor grill, sunroof, fog-lights, dual exhaust & 18” grey wheels

LX - has no sensor grill, no fogs, non painted handles, no sunroof , single exhaust and 17” civic looking wheels
my LX has dual exhaust.....looks like the same rims as the EXL model....not sure about the front sensor grill?..what is it used for?...could be a Canadian thing

·
Registered
1,134 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Lx in usa has the 2.4L motor, grill sensor is for the radar.
USA offers the trimmed down models foe cheaper leases to pump sales & to drop weight so they can skew their mandated mpg requirements
Speaking of the U.S. models (in front wheel drive), the LX has a lower mpg rating than the EX, EX-L, and Touring models. So being "trimmed down" doesn't equate to better mileage.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Good info, but they have quite a few things skewed on Car and Driver's site. They picture an LX with the Olive exterior, but it's not available in the U.S. for the LX. The rims also are not the U.S. rims for an LX.

Honda's site with comparison by model seems a bit more reliable: https://automobiles.honda.com/cr-v#

·
Registered
631 Posts
Lx in usa has the 2.4L motor, grill sensor is for the radar.
USA offers the trimmed down models foe cheaper leases to pump sales & to drop weight so they can skew their mandated mpg requirements

https://3-photos.motorcar.com/new-2018-honda-cr~v-lx2wd-8454-17607808-1-640.jpg
Over Here there are 2 LX's ....one is the base model 1.5 Turbo FWD and mine is LX model with added..auto high beam..real time AWD.....Control System and Honda Sensing Technologies....we cant get the 2.4 engine

·
Registered
653 Posts
Over Here there are 2 LX's ....one is the base model 1.5 Turbo FWD and mine is LX model with added..auto high beam..real time AWD.....Control System and Honda Sensing Technologies....we cant get the 2.4 engine
What's the difference in your Canadian version of LX with AWD and the EX?

EDIT: Oh, never mind my laziness...I looked it up on Honda.ca site. I knew there were differences, but had no idea the extent of them. Noticed mostly black interiors, with the pearl offered only on the black or white models -- guess you can't get the gray at all (my favorite).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts