Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can´t find any thread on this topic.
How do I tighten the handbrake on my CR-V 2014?
It´s a basic model FWD

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
9,220 Posts
Perhaps others can chime in for specific 2014 procedures

But there is a Y-type cable adjuster under the drivers seat on my '06. After verifying that the rear brake linkages are lubricated, engage the parking brake three clicks, then tighten the threaded cable adjuster until you feel the beginning of drag when rotating the wheel (off the ground). THEN release the parking brake and verify free rotation of BOTH rear wheels.

Of course, both wheels also need the same amount of parking brake clicks to start dragging... if not within a click or two, post back.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
9,220 Posts
The 06 and 14 are two different models,
I realize that, but sometimes folks don't think to look under the seat for the adjuster....

That's why I hoped other Gen4 owners would respond.

The adjustment procedure is generic enough to be pertinent.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You tighten the hand break inside the rear brake rotor. I just changed my rear rotors and pads and did this recently. When you remove your rear wheel, there is a small rubber plug on the surface of the rotor. Remove the plug and you will see teeth on a gear. Take a screw driver and rotate it some. Adjusting this gear moves the emergency brake closer/away from the brake rotor. This is the correct way to do it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts