Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use the HOME feature a lot. When I get to where I know where I am I want to turn it off. I try canceling the route and turning on the radio but it won't go away ! It stays in the background and pops up when a turn comes up drowning out the radio. Where is the OFF button

·
Everything in Moderation
7,908 Posts
Is this on the 2007 in your profile? I didn't know they had factory NAV.

Perhaps you could change the location of your HOME point to be away from your actual address. That way you will pass it and the nav system will realize you are truly HOME. (Sometimes they take a few seconds to realize it. )

Besides, its said that you should never put your actual HOME address in a navigation system, in case someone steals the car then wants to rob YOU. :eek:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
" DAM --didn't update my profile---Sorry, 2016 touring CR-V---wish I'd kept the 2007 !!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Besides, its said that you should never put your actual HOME address in a navigation system, in case someone steals the car then wants to rob YOU. :eek:
I don't mean to sound 'snide' but can't they get your address from the registration?
Cheers,
LLG

·
Everything in Moderation
7,908 Posts
I don't mean to sound 'snide' but can't they get your address from the registration?
Cheers,
LLG
Only if you keep it in the car. :rolleyes:

Off Topic, but when I was young I always drove convertibles. NEVER locked the car 'cause a friend had a robber simply cut his car's canvas top. I always carried my registration etc. in my wallet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
True. I use a Garmin (didn't get the Nav model) and have always programmed "home" as a local cocaine dealer's home. :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts