Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the Weathertech Floorliners and the cargo liner (low position) for my 2019 CRV. The Floorliners fit like a glove but the cargo liner is another story. With the forward edge and both sides of the cargo liner snugly in place, the back (rearward) edge does not fit in place and thus the liner bulges up. It almost seems like the cargo liner is 0.5-1.0 inch too "wide" (measured front to back). Has anyone else experienced a similar problem ? I unrolled the liner and let it get warmed up in the sunlight before installation to make sure it wasn't still deformed from being rolled for shipment.

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,927 Posts
I bought the Weathertech Floorliners and the cargo liner (low position) for my 2019 CRV. The Floorliners fit like a glove but the cargo liner is another story. With the forward edge and both sides of the cargo liner snugly in place, the back (rearward) edge does not fit in place and thus the liner bulges up. It almost seems like the cargo liner is 0.5-1.0 inch too "wide" (measured front to back). Has anyone else experienced a similar problem ? I unrolled the liner and let it get warmed up in the sunlight before installation to make sure it wasn't still deformed from being rolled for shipment.
I can't comment specifically on the Weathertech version with regard to fit. I opted for the liner from Max Liner for my 2017 and it fits quite nicely. I picked Max Liner as it had the exact same spec dimensions as the Honda OEM version (though with higher sidewalls, the Honda OEM sidewall is too low in my view to prevent water spillover) and was less expensive then either Honda or Weathertech.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the Weathertech and it fits perfectly, as long as my spare tire cover is in the lower position.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I would contact Weathertech about your problems because it should be a perfect fit, I heard they have great customer service

·
Registered
203 Posts
"as long as my spare tire cover is in the lower position" per GMS, above

I think that is your issue, the floor has an upper and lower position

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,927 Posts
"as long as my spare tire cover is in the lower position" per GMS, above

I think that is your issue, the floor has an upper and lower position
Yep... any "low position" cargo liner is going to float around if the spare tire cover is in the upper position... so maybe that is the issue here. Weathertech and others offer them either way.... so the buyer has to be mindful of what they actually want/need and then use it accordingly.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As noted, I bought the cargo liner for the lower floor position and it was definitely in the lower position when I installed the liner.

I did contact Weathertech CS and they were at a loss for an explanation and requested pics, which I sent them.

Today, I discovered what may be the root cause of the problem ... the pull tab used to lift off the spare tire floor/cover. This tab prevents the liner from laying completely flat in its area, thereby causing the "bulge" in the rearward edge of the liner.

P1140492.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts