Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I'm the new Owner of a 2007 Green Tea Metallic Honda CRV. I'm really not sure whether it is an LX EX HX ......How do You get that information!

I can say that apart from the Navigation System it seems to have all the Bells and Whistles!

I am in the process of rigging it to Tow behind Our Motorhome.

I also have installed a Trailer Hitch so that We can drag around a small Trailer .This will keep the trash out of the rear compartment and allow Me to pickup the odd other stuff that I would rather wasn't inside the Car!

I do have a question about the Road Noise Level in these Cars. has anyone determined where Honda forgot to add the insulation?

It seems louder than it should be. No it isn't a wheel bearing and if the Tires are to blame, Brand New Michelin's ,I'll be looking for something quieter!

I read somewhere that these Cars are a little noisier than others but I really think there must be a solution
involving insulation and such!

Anyway I look forward to reading all Your Tips and Advice.

·
Registered
703 Posts
If you have the Nav system, then you have an EX-L plus Nav trim line. I know more noise comes from the rear than the front. You could try add insulation to the rear wheel wells under the inside plastic moulding. I have the same year as you and that's one place I've noted more noise.

·
Registered
2007 EX-L Front Wheel Drive with Navigation.
641 Posts
Hello everyone! I'm the new Owner of a 2007 Green Tea Metallic Honda CRV. I'm really not sure whether it is an LX EX HX ......How do You get that information!

I can say that apart from the Navigation System it seems to have all the Bells and Whistles!

I am in the process of rigging it to Tow behind Our Motorhome.

I also have installed a Trailer Hitch so that We can drag around a small Trailer .This will keep the trash out of the rear compartment and allow Me to pickup the odd other stuff that I would rather wasn't inside the Car!

I do have a question about the Road Noise Level in these Cars. has anyone determined where Honda forgot to add the insulation?

It seems louder than it should be. No it isn't a wheel bearing and if the Tires are to blame, Brand New Michelin's ,I'll be looking for something quieter!

I read somewhere that these Cars are a little noisier than others but I really think there must be a solution
involving insulation and such!

Anyway I look forward to reading all Your Tips and Advice.
Welcome!

You have the same CRV as I do, a 2007 EX-L with navigation. I think the Green Tea Metallic is a great color! My neighbor has a CRV that color and it is really inviting. The road noise doesn't bother me because my last car had road noise too, maybe I am just use to it. Also, the sound system is so good on my CRV that my CD's play and sound so much better on this vehicle than my last car which was a Chevrolet. That helps eliminate road noise too .......lol.

I have no idea if there is anything that can be done to help muffle the road noise sound but there are many people here who know a lot and can advise you.

Please tell us how many miles and where you found your new CRV. And pictures are always so welcomed!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.