Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/honda-hr-v-sport-europe/

The Honda HR-V Sport launches in Europe with the same 1.5-liter turbocharged I4 that's also found in the new Civic lineup. In the HR-V, it makes a solid 180 horsepower, with torque ranging from 162 to 177 pound-feet of torque, depending on the transmission. A six-speed manual is standard, but a continuously variable transmission is also on offer.
I know this is only in Europe, at least for now, nonetheless it begs three questions to me. If Honda is unconcerned that an HR-V 1.5T would impinge on CR-V sales, why do they believe a hypothetical CR-V 2.0T would impinge on Pilot/Passport and RDX sales? By the same token, if this HR-V Sport 1.5 is profitable for Honda, could it possibly beget a CR-V Sport 2.0 at some point in the future? Thirdly, why doesn't Honda replace the base 1.8 in the HR-V with the 2.0 from the Civic N/A?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Honda also seems to be going all in with the 1.5T adding it to yet another model, so they obviously don't have any major liability concerns with this engine...

·
Administrator
3,448 Posts
I just looked at Honda UK site.
Primary engines for the HRV are the naturally aspirated 1.5 but with 130hp. Plus a 1.6 diesel.
So this is just an additional model spec side at the "junior" GTI model segment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts