Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Honda CR-V EX
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across a set of Honda HR-V rims. The bolt pattern for the HR-V is the same as the CR-V. Offset and rim width for the HR-V is 7.5Jx17 ET55. The CR-V is 6.5Jx17 ET50. Will they fit the CR-V ok?

I assume the HR-V rims on the CR-V will stick out 5mm more, but the 1 inch rim width...will it matter?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
If my thinking is correct, since the HRV wheel is 25.4mm (1") wider and has 5mm (1/5") more offset, the backside lip would be 17.7mm (7/10") further inward than stock and the frontside lip would be 7.7mm (3/10") further outward than stock. Does the make sense?

Without knowing stock tire to fender clearance, that 7/10" further inward could cause a rubbing situation when wheels are fully turned either direction.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did this work for you? I am looking at the same option - 2015 HRV owner replaced his wheels/tires and listed the OEM for sale. I have been looking for a wheel upgrade to a 2009 CRV

·
Registered
2014 CRV EX-L
137 Posts
Did this work for you? I am looking at the same option - 2015 HRV owner replaced his wheels/tires and listed the OEM for sale. I have been looking for a wheel upgrade to a 2009 CRV
Not sure if this helps you much, but I put 7.5" with 55mm offset on my 2014. The oem wheel was (I think is the same for you also) at 6.5" with 50mm. They fit okay. No rubbing. It does make a slight difference in the turning radius though, but it's not terribly noticeable.

As mentioned, the difference will be the new additional width - of 1" which would be 1/2" more in and 1/2" more out. But then you have to add the difference the new offset would make. With an increase in offset number, that means the wheel will sit farther in by 5mm (the +offset difference). The total inward diff looks to be about 18mm (0.70").

So to check if they would fit, as best you can without mounting a tire and put it on car, reach around the top of the tire and find the place where the rim comes closest to the brake parts / strut, put your finger in there and try to judge how much room you'll have, it's almost certainly more than 0.70" inches, so should be enough. Also, with wheel turned full lock - measure how close the tire comes to the inner wall of the fender? Again, almost certainly enough room for another 0.70" inches without hitting anything. The difference outward is so minimal there's almost no chance that would be a problem.

I think the HRV has some very nice wheels, would probably look very good on the CRV. Post pics :)

Edit - should add, the most probable problem would happen rubbing the wheel well (inside) if you put on much wider tires, but if going with tires the oem 225 or maybe 235, should be fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not sure if this helps you much, but I put 7.5" with 55mm offset on my 2014. The oem wheel was (I think is the same for you also) at 6.5" with 50mm. They fit okay. No rubbing. It does make a slight difference in the turning radius though, but it's not terribly noticeable.

As mentioned, the difference will be the new additional width - of 1" which would be 1/2" more in and 1/2" more out. But then you have to add the difference the new offset would make. With an increase in offset number, that means the wheel will sit farther in by 5mm (the +offset difference). The total inward diff looks to be about 18mm (0.70").

So to check if they would fit, as best you can without mounting a tire and put it on car, reach around the top of the tire and find the place where the rim comes closest to the brake parts / strut, put your finger in there and try to judge how much room you'll have, it's almost certainly more than 0.70" inches, so should be enough. Also, with wheel turned full lock - measure how close the tire comes to the inner wall of the fender? Again, almost certainly enough room for another 0.70" inches without hitting anything. The difference outward is so minimal there's almost no chance that would be a problem.

I think the HRV has some very nice wheels, would probably look very good on the CRV. Post pics :)
Thank you, Great info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts