Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! Just a newbie hir.. Hope you could help me with the problem of my V'.. Lately :confused: I've noticed that there's a slight humming sound coming from my car when it is running from neutral position, but when I slightly depress the clutch pedal(even just a little), the mysterious humming sound is gone... Hope someone could help me with V'

Thanks and Regards,
yannah

·
Registered
61 Posts
Throwout Bearing

Sure sounds like a throwout bearing as the noise disappears when slight pressure on clutch pedal. This is generally not a problem!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Clutch noise

Sure sounds like a throwout bearing as the noise disappears when slight pressure on clutch pedal. This is generally not a problem!
As I recall, there should not be any pressure on the throw-out bearing when the clutch pedal is not engaged. It will cause premature wear. You need to adjust the clutch linkage travel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
throw out bearing?

do i have to replace the bearing? is this thing embeds inside the transmission?

·
Premium Member
3,666 Posts
do i have to replace the bearing? is this thing embeds inside the transmission?
The throw out bearing is on the output shaft of the transmission. It pushes against the fingers on the clutch pressure plate when you press the clutch pedal. To replace this bearing the transmission has to be removed...but not taken apart. if you are going to go replace this bearing you may as well replace the clutch while it is all apart anyways.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts