Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 autotmatic transmission. And when it's cold start no humming sound inside the car. When it reaches it's normal temperature the car start doing this weird sound like humming or having a vacuum sound inside the car. But that sound appears above 700RPM but when it's below 700RPM the sound goes away.

When I checked it sounds like the sound is coming where the alternator, aircon, tensioner waterpump etc... I am just wondering if somebody experieced it. Thanks!

Heres the link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx6t3lofq1AgZ0hGMjZyaWt4blU

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,798 Posts
Deleted the duplicate Topic.

Difficult to accurately hear the sound from the vid...perhaps another from outside will help. Have a helper turn the steering wheel and shift it into gears while you are filming.

Turn the A/C on and off too.

You might try to pinpoint the source by holding a piece of tubing to your ear...pointing it at different spots in the engine bay or underneath the car.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry about the aircon sound.

By the way I tried it and it's coming... from the are where you have the alternator, water pump, etc going down If I am not mistaken maybe the pulley's or bearing. Just wondering if this something you have encountered? Thanks!

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,785 Posts
That intermittent small fog horn like sound? Got to admit I'm a little stumped. You're going to have to do some detective work.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That intermittent small fog horn like sound? Got to admit I'm a little stumped. You're going to have to do some detective work.
Thant Hmmmmm sound that fades once it goes down 800 RPM... And my friend says it's the power steering pump since there's a vibration a fine vibration on the passengers side fender.. But will the power steering still work even thou you already removed the drive belt?

So I am thinking.. If it's not the passengers side engine support.. it would be the PS pump.. But the hardest part is the sound is not that visible when you open the hood. you can only hear it loud inside the car..

:confused:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi guys.. here's another video..

https://www.youtube.com

the sound only audible above 800 rpm at idle or moving as long as it is above rpm.. cold start no humming.. and sometimes the sound just go away after driving for a couple or minutes or hours depends.. Thanks!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I cant tell from the video. I had a similar problema few years back. I changed the belts etc. Nothing.
It turned out to be the powersteering pump. I took it to a Honda Mechanic I he took a giant screwdriver placed it on different areas of the engine and put his ear to the end of the screw driver. Thats how we worked it out.
We replaced it with a second hand one and the sound went away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts