Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Yep; totally saw that coming, given the spacious engine bay. The only question left is if the Acura-ized version will have a V6 instead.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Wow. I was hoping that would come out soon in US. the MMD looks good for the Accord, wonder if it will be 4WD in CRV? Saw the Clarity pics, 3 models of hybrid, electric designs. Pricing will be interesting and maintenance tips.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Thats great! I actually considered looking at the Kia Niro with its hybrid technology. ( i know no where near Honda standards, quality etc) but on mileage alone its intriguing! I really wante'd awd though so i passed.. I'm DYING to know what CRV in a hybrid would make

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Yep; totally saw that coming, given the spacious engine bay. The only question left is if the Acura-ized version will have a V6 instead.
From what I have been reading the new RDX Acura will come with a turbo-charged 2.0 4-cylinder. But who knows for sure?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So far it sounds pretty exclusive to the Chinese market.
UPDATE: Green Car Reports reached out to Honda North America for comment, and received the follow response:

We have already announced our intent to electrify core volume models, including light trucks.* CR-V will logically be a part of that, and we'll announce timing for the U.S. at a later date.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From what I have been reading the new RDX Acura will come with a turbo-charged 2.0 4-cylinder. But who knows for sure?
Would seem logical as the luxury cuv competitors all have 2.0 turbo 4 cylinders. Another twist, a 2 row Pilot is rumoured. Would they use this as the chassis for the next RDX or as another model between the MDX and RDX?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Would seem logical as the luxury cuv competitors all have 2.0 turbo 4 cylinders. Another twist, a 2 row Pilot is rumoured. Would they use this as the chassis for the next RDX or as another model between the MDX and RDX?

The MDX is built on the Pilot platform. The RDX on the same platform as the CR-V.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts