Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Congratulations, it's a fantastic car.

Lack of secure wheel storage will be a major deal breaker for a lot of potential buyers but can't say it put me off. Even if it was supplied FOC I'm not sure I'd be happy with a spare wheel rattling about and taking up space in the trunk. Last time I changed a wheel at the roadside was over 30 years ago so I'm comfortable that the risk of needing a spare is pretty low. I'm not saying that this is everyone's experience but worth thinking about the facts before discounting the hybrid because of lack of a spare.

I do know that I have tempted fate with this post and will experience a blow out tomorrow morning at 70mph on the highway.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Congratulations, it's a fantastic car.

I do know that I have tempted fate with this post and will experience a blow out tomorrow morning at 70mph on the highway.
I certainly HOPE NOT!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Congrats!

Suggestion: Get a wheel bag for your spare. It'll help protect against rubber marks & odors.

And maybe a CRV soft cover too.

Honda CRV wheel cover.jpg

Hard covers are also available.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thank you, I appreciate the info. I've had or 4 flat tires in the 7 years I owned my previous car and was able to hobble to the service station except for 1 time I had to be towed. I had to buy new tires 2 times, and 1x they were able to fix it. Then I got smart and kept an older tire when I bought new ones to have as a spare just in case. They were able to put that on the wheel and I was good to go. So, I appreciate having the extra tire on a wheel just in case.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Thats a bargain!

Saying that, the wheel well is quite large on mine, but not sure a full 19" with tyre would fit.

Come to think of it, not found ANY 19" single wheel for sale anywhere with the same design :(

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thank you, I appreciate the info. I've had or 4 flat tires in the 7 years I owned my previous car and was able to hobble to the service station except for 1 time I had to be towed. I had to buy new tires 2 times, and 1x they were able to fix it. Then I got smart and kept an older tire when I bought new ones to have as a spare just in case. They were able to put that on the wheel and I was good to go. So, I appreciate having the extra tire on a wheel just in case.
Now I understand why you want to carry a spare.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I remember once on my Accord - I had all 4 tyres replaced. Got home, one of them was knackered.

A stray BOLT in the road was firmly wedged in the tread. Fresh tread.

Tyre was scrapped - the hole was simply too big to patch up. Cost me £149. One tyre. My wallet and I often have a cry over it.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
41 - 51 of 51 Posts