Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

Hybrid EX-L Gas Gauge indicator?

9K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  williamsji 
The fuel gauge is the "vertical" bar graph on the right (the one on the left is the battery charge) and it's white. The number of white segments will disappear as you empty the tank. There's no orange or red that I know of.

I say "vertical" but it's actually got a kink in it about 2/3rds of the way up. I think that's just a style thing - I don't think that level has any significance.

I was stuck on that image, and we haven't used enough gas to allow for the white column/bar graph to move. Thank you!
FWIW, there's also a "miles to empty" reading on your information display if you cycle thru them, which might be more useful. It's a 14 gallon tank, so you'll need to use 2 or 3 at least before you really notice a change on the fuel gauge.

I wish there was an explicit "gallons remaining" reading (since the computer obviously knows) but I don't think there is.

The Hybrid is a pure digital readout, the Ts have some sort of mechanical "wheel" as well as colors.
The 1.5T has a mechanical (or electro-mechanical) fuel gauge? I didn't know that.

And yeah, the Hybrid dash is all a big LCD, or probably a couple of separate LCDs. Some of them have a dedicated icons, and the center part is just lowres bit mapped graphics.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.