Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to start by saying I am happy with my CRV and now lockdown is eased we can go out for a ride
Every time I drive it brings a smile to my face
I reported three problems to the service deptment
The C/C voice operation (Honda know about and are working on a fix)
Low audio on sat nav No fix available (no problem as I use google maps)
Gerabox Rattle Honda unaware (I have a five year warranty )

·
Floatin' Pizza Slices
4,767 Posts
Nice to see positive experiences/feedback from Hybrid owners :)

Happy motoring!!

Reactions: CRV4575

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Hybrid EX
1,524 Posts
Only 30 days left until the first service. Pandemic = low mileage, no problems :)
That's the truth. I bought mine 7 months ago and have just barely got 3500 miles on it.
So far I have no issues to report to the dealer, I'm expecting just an oil change service when the MM calls for it.

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Hybrid
11 Posts
Such a curiosity. A friend was on the first service with his CR-V Hybrid after 13,000 kilometers (about 8300 miles).
Interestingly, they did not change the oil. They only added 0.8 liters (about 0,21 gallons) of 0W20 oil. This can be seen in the attached invoice.
The MM system did not indicate the need for an oil change for this mileage, so they only added it.

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Hybrid EX
1,524 Posts
Such a curiosity. A friend was on the first service with his CR-V Hybrid after 13,000 kilometers (about 8300 miles).
Interestingly, they did not change the oil. They only added 0.8 liters (about 0,21 gallons) of 0W20 oil. This can be seen in the attached invoice.
The MM system did not indicate the need for an oil change for this mileage, so they only added it.
Interesting.
Although they don't use non-detergent "Break In" oil like in the old days, my understanding is Honda wants the moly assembly lube to stay in the engine for 5000 miles, which is why they discourage an early first oil change.
But the other side of that coin is they do want it out at 5000 miles.
My understanding is that an "A" service includes changing the oil, but maybe not the filter.
But if the MM was not calling for a change, perhaps what they did makes sense.
But no oil change for 8300 miles? That doesn't sound right to me, no matter how "Old School" I might be. :)
What oil life percentage did the MM indicate?

·
Registered
2020 Touring Hybrid
142 Posts
Interesting.
Although they don't use non-detergent "Break In" oil like in the old days, my understanding is Honda wants the moly assembly lube to stay in the engine for 5000 miles, which is why they discourage an early first oil change.
But the other side of that coin is they do want it out at 5000 miles.
My understanding is that an "A" service includes changing the oil, but maybe not the filter.
But if the MM was not calling for a change, perhaps what they did makes sense.
But no oil change for 8300 miles? That doesn't sound right to me, no matter how "Old School" I might be. :)
I am at 6200 miles with 40% remaining oil life???

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Hybrid EX
1,524 Posts
I am at 6200 miles with 40% remaining oil life???
Well I'm not a mechanic, and some of my information may not be accurate, though it seemed to make sense to me.
I wanted to do the initial oil change at 2000 miles, just as I have done in the past, but a Honda mechanic told me about the moly lube and discouraged doing that.
I'm an old "every 5000 miles, or more often" type, but we are a dying breed.
I'm planning on just going by the MM, no matter how much it might offend my "Old School" standards.

·
Registered
2020 Touring Hybrid
142 Posts
Well I'm not a mechanic, and some of my information may not be accurate, though it seemed to make sense to me.
I wanted to do the initial oil change at 2000 miles, just as I have done in the past, but a Honda mechanic told me about the moly lube and discouraged doing that.
I'm an old "every 5000 miles, or more often" type, but we are a dying breed.
I'm planning on just going by the MM, no matter how much it might offend my "Old School" standards.
I was planning to follow the MM as well, but when I saw your 5k as recommended by Honda mechanic comment, I wondered if I had missed a memo or if my MM was misbehaving. 👍

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Hybrid
11 Posts
Yes, it's very interesting :)
Unfortunately, I don't know what the percentage of remaining oil life was.
But in my car, I do not see the percentage of remaining oil life that you all write about here. I don't know if we only have days to service in Europe?

The system shows only what I pasted in the image above.

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Hybrid EX
1,524 Posts
I was planning to follow the MM as well, but when I saw your 5k as recommended by Honda mechanic comment, I wondered if I had missed a memo or if my MM was misbehaving. 👍
I think he may have meant "at least" 5000 miles for the first change. It wasn't a lengthy conversation, though if I have some time today I may head to the dealer and try to buy him lunch, as restaurants are now open here and vaccinations open to anyone over 16 (I'm 4 weeks out from my second shot).

·
Registered
2020 Touring Hybrid
142 Posts
I think he may have meant "at least" 5000 miles for the first change. It wasn't a lengthy conversation, though if I have some time today I may head to the dealer and try to buy him lunch, as restaurants are now open here and vaccinations open to anyone over 16 (I'm 4 weeks out from my second shot).
Good luck, and keep me posted. Getting my 2nd shot Monday.....will be nice to check that box!

·
Floatin' Pizza Slices
4,767 Posts
The MM would still countdown even if the car was parked all year :)

Its a very intuitive system.

Reactions: sjw91

·
Floatin' Pizza Slices
4,767 Posts
The Honda mechanic would likely have people change oil every 24 hours if it meant they gave people open-wallet-surgery!!

Reactions: EXcommunicated

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, it's very interesting :)
Unfortunately, I don't know what the percentage of remaining oil life was.
But in my car, I do not see the percentage of remaining oil life that you all write about here. I don't know if we only have days to service in Europe?

The system shows only what I pasted in the image above.
Hi Lukante
Just for information the European Cars do not have Oil usage in % . The Hybrids are indicating only remaining Day's.
My CRV Hybrid 2019 has now 2 years and 48000 km and running with no problems.
The first Inspection was B with 21000 km and one year this was only Cabin Filter change and visual inspection . Then at 31000km A inspection which was the Oil change.
The Honda Dealer said this is normal for the Hybrid. The A inspection (Oil change) depends on enviroment and how you drive. The B inspection is on calender time.
I made at 45000 km another B inspection and the next Oil change will be only at about 65000 km.
My Car has 10 years or 100000 km Warranty and free service so to me it looks like they want to minimize maintenance. I hope that my CRV run's also without problems after the Warranty.

Have a good Day

·
Registered
126 Posts
My car came with a sticker on the window reminding me to come and get the oil changed at 5000. Dealer always does the first one for free. I have always heard that Honda uses a special oil to help all the mechanical parts settle in properly and you should leave it in until 5000k. The car also seems to know when its on the factory oil because the percentage left meter counts faster than it will after the first change.

Oh and I have had both my Pfizer shots.

·
Registered
2020 Touring Hybrid
142 Posts
My car came with a sticker on the window reminding me to come and get the oil changed at 5000. Dealer always does the first one for free. I have always heard that Honda uses a special oil to help all the mechanical parts settle in properly and you should leave it in until 5000k. The car also seems to know when its on the factory oil because the percentage left meter counts faster than it will after the first change.

Oh and I have had both my Pfizer shots.
Mine is not counting faster, 6k miles, 40% remaining as I posted above. 7.5 months since purchase.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts