Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We now have a Hybrid section under the 2017 CRV section. Hopefully we can move all the hybrid threads in there.

Congrats to any new owners, looking forward to seeing your posts.

Rocky
(Just a humble 16 owner....)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am interested in a CR-V hybrid but I need to tow a light trailer. Any suggestions? I contacted Honda and the response was.... "Thank you for reaching out to Honda Customer Service about the towing specifications for the 2020 Honda CR-V Hybrid and giving us the opportunity to respond to you. Upon review of your request it specifies in the owner's manual your vehicle is not designed to tow a trailer. Attempting to do so can void your warranties. You may find this information on page 461 or on our website. We understand this can be frustrating and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you." Thanks for your input......

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,620 Posts
Simple basic pragmatic fact here regarding towing: IF towing anything other than a very small trailer lightly loaded, choosing a small compact SUV (regardless of brand) is making the wrong decision as a buyer.

Just like every other personal need/want/desire in the capabilities of a motor vehicle... things like towing capability ARE part of your shopping list of features. And frankly... if you want to tow things of any real weight.... you need a mid-size or full size SUV (or similar class vehicle) for the job and that narrows down your options.

Expecting or demanding Honda change it's design and specifications to meet your higher than normal towing needs is misplaced consumer behavior. Since a vast majority of CRV owners never even have a proper trailer hitch ever attached so they can actually tow something behind their CRV... to expect Honda to over design the model for higher towing capacity is simply driving up the cost of the vehicle for every owner... which is selfish.

You want to tow anything of weight with your Honda... then you have narrowed down your choices to Pilot or Ridgeline, or maybe a Passport. And if an extra 500-700 pounds of town capacity means you think a compact SUV from another brand makes it for you.. then go with the other brand, but do it honestly and accept that the other brand will not have everything you like about a CRV either.

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
5,204 Posts
We now have a Hybrid section under the 2017 CRV section. Hopefully we can move all the hybrid threads in there.

Congrats to any new owners, looking forward to seeing your posts.

Rocky
(Just a humble 16 owner....)
Here's a a link: Hybrid CRVs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.