Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got back from visiting family for the holidays.
I had a Hyundai Tucson as my rental car, and it had a Lane Keeping Assist System that was really annoying.
Here's what the dashboard looked like.

The two "bars" on either side of the vehicle image would light up if it was able to locate the lane lines. Driving on the side streets where I was there was often room to park along the side of the road to the right, so there was no "line" separating the right traffic lane from the parking area.

If I was in a lane where it could detect the lines, then both bars lit up.
If I used my turn signal it never beeped when I changed lanes.
But where it could find the lines and I changed lanes without using the turn signal then it beeped at me.

Very annoying.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I see the TV commercials for that technology, doesn't appeal to me at all, just TOO MUCH technology for me. It might be too distracting and cause me to drive worse. Now if someone grew up having this technology, maybe It'd be okay, but not for this old dog.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My wife has a 2019 Hyundai santa fe and I a 2019 crv. The lane keep assist is more annoying on my crv, but both are ugh. I do use it on long trips, but not in town. Her Santa Fe lane keep assist looks different from the Tuscon image u showed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts