Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking at a 2008 w 145,xxx and a 2011 w 174,xxx. Both look very clean and from private dealers.

The 08 has extensive maintenance history all performed at local dealer and asking $7000. They also offer 3 mos Powertrain warranty.

The 11 is listed at $7500 I think because it has more mileage. This one has cloth interior vs the 08 that has leather.

Since both are close in mileage and price should I lean towards later model if both equally nice or is one model very different in terms of reliability and manufacturers updates?

This will be for our son to drive.

Thank you.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
The 2007 thru 2011 CR-Vs are all the 3rd Generation, which means they're all basically the same. Later years will have a few differences.
2006 was the last year of the 2nd Generation, and 2012 started the 4th Generation.

I'm not a fan of leather seats, but the extensive maintenance history is very valuable.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
For a CR-V with that level of mileage, you can get an '05 or '06 for much cheaper, in probably just as good condition, for way less money. For Gen3's there are lots of '07-09's around here with 120k or so for that money. I'd look for lower mileage examples. I would also never ever buy from any dealer. Buy from an individual only.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I would go with the 08. If it has leather it's probably an EX-L. For 08 that was top of the line. I would compare the options on the two, the 08 may have more - like heated seats, better sound system with XM, etc.
Since you have the maintenance records see if the A/C compressor clutch was replaced. That was a pretty big problem for this Gen.
Make sure the 100k service was done, plugs, coolant, valves clearance checked, etc.

We have an 08 EX-L bought new and now has 133k on it. Still runs like new. I feel we can easily take it past 200k with no or minimal problems. It is serviced at the dealer when the Maintenance Minder says so.

·
Registered
2013 CRV EX FWD
2,920 Posts
I'd go with the '08 since it comes with a long maintenance history.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I would go for the 08 model. I have one with 233ks and love it. Leather seats are great Only problem I have had is with a/c but now going great again. I am from NZ and paid $7k for mine last year but not sure of what you could expect to pay. Enjoy your ride!

·
Registered
2013 CRV EX FWD
2,920 Posts
Did you make a decision?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts