Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That the 2017 US spec CRV doesn't have a low windshield washer fluid light or indicator under the maintenance screen. Went to clean the windshield today and ran out of fluid. Wasn't aware I was low. I find it pretty odd the Canadian spec version does have a light but the US one does not. Even more odd to me is that with all of the other bells and whistles on this car Honda couldn't put that in?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Oddly I have never had a low windshield warning light but I have never run out of fluid. Strange.....its almost like I open the hood on my car once in awhile and check the oil and fluid levels like we all should be doing.
Somehow, believe it or not, Honda has sold millions of CR-V's without that warning light....maybe the NTSB could force a recall on all those cars!

I am kidding of course, but seriously, do open your hood from time-to-time and check all those fluid levels!

·
Registered
600 Posts
I actually can't remember ever having a windshield washer low warning light in any car I or my wife has had back to 1979 for me and 1988 for her. Either that, or I just kept it filled and it never came on. What vehicle did you have that had a low washer warning light?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I had one in my '04 Passat; it was okay I suppose, except they used the same warning beep as they did for one of the YOUR CAR IS ABOUT TO EXPLODE! lights. Scared the bejessus out of me; that was a strong incentive to keep the tank topped off.

But really, I use the rear washer quite a bit, and just make it a habit to pop the hood every two or three weeks and top things off; usually needs a pint or so.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
maybe they should have made it a two gall container to compensate for the no light? The 1st gens shown a window in the door on the fender. I guess since it is now located to the front, get out and fill after you use it a few times, what we all do. Nothing new here. It's not a Lexus or Infinity its a honda to be expected, since the early 2000's Lol

·
Registered
662 Posts
Actually many cars in the 80's and into 90's had a low washer fluid warning light on them. I can't recall exactly which ones since I've owned many vehicles in my 44 yrs of driving. Kinda surprised you haven't had one hans471+, you and I are usually on same page in the forum. I'll admit to not always checking like I used to because when you get an oil change they always top off fluids.

·
Registered
100 Posts
No, no - don't get anyone started on that!

·
Registered
26 Posts
My 2103 Toyota Sienna LE does have a warring light and it comes handy during the winter driving. My 2005 Camry does not and I just keep opening the hood to check for fluids the old fashion way.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My previous car was a 2004 Toyota Highlander. It's a convenient thing to have in my opinion. Wife's Volvo has an indicator as well.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I've had it on several cars and sometimes went years without the light coming on. Refilling is part of normal service and if you do it on a timely basis, the light is a waste of time. I don't see much need for it. My last car had it and I think it came on once in 75,000+ miles.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Every car I have had since 2004 had low washer fluid light.... only once did in all that time had the warning come up.
I always check fluids :=)

·
Everything in Moderation
8,178 Posts
I thought that the washer warning light was required in Canada.

Some makers (like Volvo) probably just put them in ALL their North American-spec cars.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Actually many cars in the 80's and into 90's had a low washer fluid warning light on them. I can't recall exactly which ones since I've owned many vehicles in my 44 yrs of driving. Kinda surprised you haven't had one hans471+, you and I are usually on same page in the forum. I'll admit to not always checking like I used to because when you get an oil change they always top off fluids.
You know, I must have driven cars with the low fluid warning light. When I worked I had my choice of new cars to drive and I know some of them must have had a light. It may be I have just never seen one come on since I check this stuff periodically and top off as required.

I got really spoiled during my working career...its nice being provided whatever new car or truck you wanted to drive that week and with free gas and insurance. Well, they don't do that when you retire...you are on your own!

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Well over time we all will get used to it. I always carry a spare bottle of fluid, so when I feel I am low, light or not, I add in. station stop takes forever to add gas so we have time to do it whenever, wherever, possible. I always add antifreeze type with rainX all year round

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
wish i had a "coffee low" light too!
Heh; if you have an EX or above, you sorta do. The "Driver attention system" (active whenever you aren't using LKAS) checks the frequency and smoothness of steering and braking and will warn you if it thinks you are starting to zone out. It does so by putting a picture of a coffee cup in the middle of the dash and beeping at you about it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I know, but no matter what button i push, i can't get it to actually fill the cup up with coffee
and where do you put the little Keurig coffee container?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts