Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep they are off of a 97 explorer. they are 15x7's and im not too sure on the offset or back-spacing. the hub bore is also a bit larger and i plan on getting hub-centric adapters to get the weight back off the studs. as for fitment, i actually had these wheels on before my lift with a little modification and minimal rubbing

here it is before the lift...

·
Registered
681 Posts
Sweet, that just opened up a whole new list of ideas....

What lift do you have (again, I am on HSUV.com, but dont feel like looking it up right now.)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah there are a few ford wheels that might look really good on a crv... I have the Old Man Emu struts and springs... right around an inch lift im guessing.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Well, I am not gonna use the OEM ford wheels, but I am probably going to get some 15x7 Cragers, unless I can find a killer deal on some OEM alloys.

The OME kit will do 1in up front and 2 out back, effectively leveling the V at plus 1 inch.

Great looking ride though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
actually i beleive that the BDS kit is the one that has different length springs front and rear... and the only thing that levels is the comparison of wheel gap front to rear. those actually give the v a raked stance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FiveTwentyFour Fotos is my buddies photography buisness he is trying to get going. (look him up on facebook if your interested) as you can see he is extremely good. this was a free handed single shot picture. no tripod.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
i have had my cr-v covered with mud from top to bottom like yours many times, well more like continuously. it was rare mine was clean lol.

i wish i had some pictures of when it was swamped like in your pictures but the mud around here never showed up in pictures due to my V being champagne in color.

do you change your rear diff fluid as religiously as i did? once a month i did mine.

word from the wise, stay away from a RAI and if you already have one....well you are running on borrowed time. i found out personally that a low sitting cr-v and a RAI dont mix well with deep water

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah some pictures would deffninitly be cool... I put 15,000 miles on my V since i got it and ive changed the diff fluid 3 times. i dont know what you meen by RAI...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ohh by that you meen cold air intake... dont beleive there is a ram air kit for crv's. to answer the question - no i do not have an aftermarket intake. im currently looking to fab up a snorkel.

·
Registered
681 Posts
ohh by that you meen cold air intake... dont beleive there is a ram air kit for crv's. to answer the question - no i do not have an aftermarket intake. im currently looking to fab up a snorkel.
when you figure this out, let me know. I am thinking about the best way to do this as well.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
ill try to dig up some pictures, but i lost most of them when i deleted my myspace account (used it as photo album) ill see if i can find any on photobucket. keep in mind i dont have cr-v anymore so i can't exactly go take any new ones.

·
Registered
681 Posts
ill try to dig up some pictures, but i lost most of them when i deleted my myspace account (used it as photo album) ill see if i can find any on photobucket. keep in mind i dont have cr-v anymore so i can't exactly go take any new ones.
Yeah, that Quest isn't exactly the best off road vehicle is it? :D

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Yeah, that Quest isn't exactly the best off road vehicle is it? :D
nah, that thing will spin tires all day on wet pavement not to mention get any traction offroad :D

ill be getting a new k5 soon hopefully

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
it was a great truck to wheel, not to DD. all the problems it had i wouldn't have even cared about if it was just a trail rig.

in retrospect im still glad i traded the cr-v in for it, the v had way more problems and i came out on top, i mean i now have a vehicle a year or two newer then the V, better mpg, and twice as much power :D (for only $900 from family)

anyways enough thread hijacking.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts