Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My problem:
- The window worked with a little slowness, then one day it just didn't work for about 10 minutes and then it worked again after that. Now a few days later, it just stopped working all together again. Now, I haven't been able to get it to work since. I don;t believe it's a motor issue, but honestly I cannot test it well. I figured if I jumped the pins on the switch I would be able to by-pass the switch and test it mechanically, but I don't know which pins to jump (as well I found that 1 and 5 blows a fuse).

So, then I was curious if there's a relationship between the master and the side switch. I think not, but don't see anything about it online (which may confirm my thinking)

I have read a lot of pages about honda crv 2001 windows and here's where I am having trouble....

1. Is there only one relay for the entire power window system? If so, does that mean that it's either all windows work or none? I can only find one relay in my 2001 honda crv.
2. Is there a way to bypass the switch for the passenger side window without taking out the motor?
3. what's the second little connector for that goes to the motor? You have the 5 pin connector and then you have the 2 wires (bl/wht, bl/red) all by themselves?
4. Is the master switch and right side switch independent of each other completely, I assume they are?

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Temperature can affect the motors. The colder it is outside the slower they move. That could account for your sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't experience.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
My problem:
- The window worked with a little slowness, then one day it just didn't work for about 10 minutes and then it worked again after that. Now a few days later, it just stopped working all together again. Now, I haven't been able to get it to work since. I don;t believe it's a motor issue, but honestly I cannot test it well. I figured if I jumped the pins on the switch I would be able to by-pass the switch and test it mechanically, but I don't know which pins to jump (as well I found that 1 and 5 blows a fuse).

So, then I was curious if there's a relationship between the master and the side switch. I think not, but don't see anything about it online (which may confirm my thinking)

I have read a lot of pages about honda crv 2001 windows and here's where I am having trouble....

1. Is there only one relay for the entire power window system? If so, does that mean that it's either all windows work or none? I can only find one relay in my 2001 honda crv.
2. Is there a way to bypass the switch for the passenger side window without taking out the motor?
3. what's the second little connector for that goes to the motor? You have the 5 pin connector and then you have the 2 wires (bl/wht, bl/red) all by themselves?
4. Is the master switch and right side switch independent of each other completely, I assume they are?

Try this do not disassemble any thing yet. Ask someone to press the window button while you assist the motor by lifting up or pushing down the glass see if it moves. If it does, you found your problem. Try to lube the window channel with silicone lube. Let us know.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
I gave you some info in the other thread you posted in, flbrianc.
Also putting rainX on both sides of that window make it slipperier also.
Buffalo4

1 - 4 of 4 Posts