Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When I get home tonight I will post pictures but all I really wanted was leather seats. I didn't need dual temp or sunroof or navi or whatever but I really wanted the leather...and it wasn't worth the higher price to me to get it at the dealership...

Well I called Honda Dealership, the sales guy gave me a referral to Classic Soft Trim. I was so nervous this morning when they came to pick up her up but she came back at shortly after noon and it looks fabulous and there's a life time warranty. I am completely smitten with my car now.

If you live in a state where they have one, you should check it out. They did a fantastic job and they are headquartered in Texas although I live on the East Coast.

No, I do not work for them I'm just a happy customer!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only the EX-L comes with leather..$27,895

It goes LX, SE, EX, EX-L...

I bought the SE which had everything I wanted in the interior except leather (I did not need: Navigation System, Dual-zone automatic climate control, Heated front seats, Leather-wrapped steering wheel
Heated power side mirrors, USB Audio Interface, Auto-On/Off Multi-Reflector Halogen Headlights which are the apparent upgrades). Instead I paid for the SE and then about $1000.00 to have the seats reupholstered in leather. It was worth it and a LOT cheaper! Plus I get a lifetime warranty with this leather as opposed to Honda's 3 year bumper to bumper (or 5 with the extended warranty).

Work was completed by Classic Soft Trim in Charlotte, NC.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Looks great! Considering they did the install in 4 hours, I assume it was a precut kit that they used?

I bought the SE which had everything I wanted in the interior except leather (I did not need: Navigation System, Dual-zone automatic climate control, Heated front seats, Leather-wrapped steering wheel
Heated power side mirrors, USB Audio Interface, Auto-On/Off Multi-Reflector Halogen Headlights which are the apparent upgrades).
You forgot to mention a big upgrade...sunroof. Also, variable speed intermittent wipers and alarm.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks great! Considering they did the install in 4 hours, I assume it was a precut kit that they used?

You forgot to mention a big upgrade...sunroof. Also, variable speed intermittent wipers and alarm.
They same company can install the power moon or sunroof for $750.00. I saw it on some of their other cars..and it looks fabulous. I am originally from Cali but I live in NC now and I have to say....by the time it's warm enough for me to want to open a sunroof it's too humid and muggy for me to not have the air on so for me...that's not much of an upgrade. I have one in my other Sedan and I never open it but you are right...I left that off the list. The wipers...I think mine have 3 speeds and I think that's plenty. The alarm would be nice but that could probably also be installed without the high price jump.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I'm assuming they allow for the side airbags?
Yes, the owner, referred by Honda, explained to me before installation that he could not compromise the integrity of the back seat by covering the casing of the bucket seats or the back of the bucket seats. The leather is only exactly where the cloth was and the functionality of the side air bags are not affected. What I didn't know until he told me was that the air bags are physically in the seats themselves.

He said the seems and stitching had to be done in such away to allow the air bag to deploy...

·
Registered
844 Posts
They same company can install the power moon or sunroof for $750.00. I saw it on some of their other cars..and it looks fabulous. I am originally from Cali but I live in NC now and I have to say....by the time it's warm enough for me to want to open a sunroof it's too humid and muggy for me to not have the air on so for me...that's not much of an upgrade. I have one in my other Sedan and I never open it but you are right...I left that off the list. The wipers...I think mine have 3 speeds and I think that's plenty. The alarm would be nice but that could probably also be installed without the high price jump.
I rarely open the moon roof on my vehicles but love how the glass makes the interior feel bigger and brighter on both my vehicles.I do use the vent up,though.:)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

The guys said that they obtain the specifications from the manufacturer (only if there is a model that comes with cloth) and it's in some type of computer system that stores the specifications so that when someone makes an Order they precut (or make the kit) and then install it.

He said they do not generally do leather upholstery on makes/models that ONLY come with leather such as BMW's etc...because they don't have a high enough demand for replacement of leather in those cars...if that makes sense.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm interested in doing this. Price isn't bad and they have one in Cleveland.

Keep us updated how it goes. I'm interested in knowing if anything comes loose right away or anything like that.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm interested in doing this. Price isn't bad and they have one in Cleveland.

Keep us updated how it goes. I'm interested in knowing if anything comes loose right away or anything like that.
I'll let you know if I have any issues with it. My Honda Sales Manager, Tony Montana, who referred me said he'd done some work in his own cars and they still look great. So I'm hoping that will be the case for me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
looks awesome, can you pick your own color? or do they go by your cloth color? i'd personally wouldve choose black or red haha
You can pick any color. They do two-tone as well. I considered black but everything else in my car is gray except some paneling on the sides and front. I think black would have contrasted in an unpleasant way...but everyone has their preference.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.