Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last summer I installed underbody LED lights so I could have that hovering glowing light under my "V".
I know alot of people don't like underbody lights but I personally love it! I'm waiting on some more so I can put in my fender wells and I am presently making 1/2" aluminum rings so I can hae wheel lights also. They will light up my wheels.
The underbody LED's are simple Double row 5050 smd LED 5 meter "16.4 ft" roll. The LED's are in a silicone sleave and you can cut them every 3rd LED light to make custom lengths for the front/back and easy side. You have to use silicone sealer to re waterproof the strips once you cut them. I only used one roll but this summer I plan on redoing them by making each run a little longer.

I used 48 key RGB wireless LED controller that runs on 12V.
I put a in line fuse on the power lead and came off the battery to a toggle switch to turn on the main power to them even though the remote turns them on and off, I still wanted to prevent any power drains or leaks.

This is 100% legal to run while driving in my state as long as the LED smd diodes on the strip can't be seen and you can't run Red or Blue unless you are parked and not driving the vehicle. I usually run Purple or Yellow or Green but most of the time I run White.

I used 3m car emblem double sided tape to install them and they have performed great all year even driving in the snow.

I went to my auto parts store and went on the Isle that had the paint on it and there was the 3m emblem tape. It comes on a small roll so you will need at least 2 packs.
I mounted the control box for the LED lights under my driver seat.

Double row LED rgb 5 meter roll $16 ebay
Rgb 48w controller $11 ebay
4 pair rgb 20ft roll $13 ebay
3m emblem tape $8 roll
Automotive Goop $6 tube
Soldering iron & solder & Flux $already had

rsz_20150910_051131_001.jpg
rsz_20150910_051109.jpg

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is a video of the differnt color and some of the differnt modes of the controller.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts