Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks

Just bought a 2015 CRV EX w/ CVT to replace my 2008 Civic Si 6MT as my daily driver. I commute a lot in snow and wanted something AWD, plus I had over 300,000km on the Civic. I have a 2008 BMW 135i as my weekend car.

I like the vehicle very much so far, but this cup holder is shameful! My Civic cupholders were great as they had spring-loaded tabs in the corners that secured the cup so it didn't rock back and forth. The CRV has pitiful stationary dividers that do very little.

Is there any mod I can do to improve this? I was hoping for an aftermarket replacement for those dividers but can't find anything. I searched these forums to no avail.

Thanks,
Marshall

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Most auto part stores sell jnserts like this one

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/dorman-help-cup-holder-insert-41001/10134839-P

(There are diff aizes thats just for reference)
My step mom has a 2015 and orher step mom has 2012 and neither had issues with cup holder maybe its your tumbler? Is it thinner? We used to buy starbucks ones seasonally and largers fit way better.
Now we have ember tumblers since they heat and work well

Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll look for a sleeve I guess. I'd prefer a replacement for the dividers but I'm thinking there is nothing available. Here's what the cup holders look like.

For-Honda-CRV-CR-V-2015-2016-Interior-Console-Front-Water-Cup-Holder-Frame-Cover-Trim.jpg

Vs. what the Civic had:

int18.jpg

Not sure what a tumbler is. :D My coffee thermos is a bit on the slender side. Seems like the cup holders would work good for a 36 ounce soda from Wendy's or something, but I don't do that very often.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I loved the cup holders in my 05 Pilot. Trick was if you bought an additional cup holder piece, it would snap in right behind the first one. If you looked you could see the slots they made, presumably just for that reason. They they "improved" the Pilot. Love the 16 CRV (more than the 17 or 18) but miss being able to have 4 cups in the dash.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts