Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a first generation 98 Honda CR-V EX 4WD. I've been having a problem with my car cranking but not starting. I've check for spark and fuel, and their both good. My timing belt is brand new as well and so are my spark plugs. I noticed that when I reset my car's ECU or PCM the car starts as if there is no problem and keeps on working. But when the low oil pressure light comes on and stays on for awhile and I turn off the car, the car cranks but doesn't start. I have to then reset the ECU, and the car starts again. Can the ECU really be preventing the car from starting? If so, I'd like to know how, and I'd like to bypass that function. Does anyone know how to correct this? Can it be corrected? I've looked through my Haynes Manual to try to find a solution, but I can't find anything. The only option that I think I may have is to remove the ECU backup fuse. This may reset the ECU every time the car is switch off. If anyone out there has any knowledge about this, please let me know.:confused:

·
Registered
288 Posts
You are dealing with the symptom, how about fixing the cause? If your ecu is preventing your engine from starting it's for a good reason - preventing damage because as you stated you are low on oil. Why are you low on oil? Does your engine burn it that quickly or do you have an oil pump pressure problem?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts