Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all! I'm back being active in the CRV Owners Club.

In Jan of 2019 I traded in my loved 2018 CR-V Touring for a 2019 RDX Advance. I had intended to trade in my wife's 2015 Escape Titanium, and she would then drive the CRV...but she wasn't keen to that idea. After a year plus and 16,000 miles, I still love the RDX.

So last week my wife says she is ready to trade in the Escape. We went out car shopping (one of my favorite activities) and after driving several, we again decided the best small (medium) crossover on the market is the CR-V.

We now have a Modern Steel/gray 2020 CRV Touring FWD sitting in our garage next to the RDX. I was very interested in buying the Hybrid, but the price delta between what they wanted for the Hybrid and what I was able to negotiate for the non Hybrid, made it a no brainer for us.

FWIW,, I have stopped by once in a while during the last year, but now I have to get used to this new forum format.

Reactions: crv383

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Welcome back.?

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Cool! So, give us an RDX review. How does it compare with the V?

·
Floatin' Pizza Slices
4,725 Posts
Acura.....something we Brits will never get over here unless we import!!

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
5,017 Posts
got to love it like the new site format that is more today on & off line

·
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks for the warm welcome backs!

So...color choice was 90% my wife's decision, as it will be her daily driver. We didn't want the black interior... the only exterior color available with the ivory interior is white...we have had a number of white cars recently and our RDX is white so white was out. Wife didn't like the blue options, our last CRV, the '18 was Lunar Silver...so Modern Steel it is, and it does look very nice.

RDX review that was asked for:

The 19 RDX Advance is an extremely nice car, certainly more expensive than the CRV....in very round numbers, our negotiated purchase price was about $12,000 more for the RDX, if I am not mistaken. Driving it back to back with the new CR-V yesterday highlights the more premium qualities of the RDX. It has a more substantial feel. The doors have an extra weatherstrip on the opening edge, the RDX is quieter...the seats are more comfortable, the center console and arm rest feel more solid, the RDX is quieter, certainly has more power, 272 HP out of it's 2.0L Turbo. which I am averaging just about 28 MPG (calculated) on REGULAR fuel. (for comparison, I averaged over 33 MPG with our previous 18 CRV) Many upscale features such as (off the top of my head) auto dimming outside side mirrors, driver's seat and front passenger seat have 10 or 12 way power adjustments with 4 way lumbar support, the sound system.. well, it is the best sounding auto sound system I have ever heard...The RDX has dynamic drive control that allows the driver to select 4 different drive modes, comfort, sport, sport + and snow The shock absorbers are dynamic, as well, and change based on the setting selected. 360 surround view...panoramic moon roof...heated steering wheel, heated and cooled front seats (which have an automatic mode!)..rear outboard seats may be heated as well, I don't remember. The RDX feels much more like a driver's car, handles much better, has amazing acceleration, while keeping the familiar feel of Honda. The RDX has all the same safety features of the CRV, in addition it has proximity sensors front and rear. The ride is not as marshmallow smooth as say a Lincoln, but I wanted a car with more "feel", and I am 100% satisfied with it...as I was with my prior 18 CRV, I have never felt more happy, confident, and content with my current vehicles as I do now.

With all this said, the CR-V Touring is an amazing value, well built, loaded with features, roomy, and very economical to drive.

Anyway, my review was asked for. ?

If anyone here had any doubts as to my reasons for trading our '18 CR-V last year, I hope this has made it clear...we believe the CR-V has been and still is the best choice for us in this segment, and the RDX fills the desire I have had for many years to own a premium brand. Five years ago, if someone told me I would have two Honda products in my garage, I would have laughed out loud!

Oh, the RDX does not have remote start unless one uses the AcuraLink app on a smart phone, or pays several hundred dollars to the dealer for an Acura factory remote fob system. We almost never use, or have need for this so it was not a big deal, just seems very stupid to me to NOT have it standard on this price vehicle.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Suits and ties sitting around big conference tables scheming.......

·
Registered
78 Posts
Does it have memory seats and if so, do the side mirrors position store with the seats. It's my biggest beef with the CRV. It's so dumb that it had to be a deliberate ploy to try and move you into something more expensive. I don't know any other car that has memory seats without also mirrors and every time I have to adjust them I get miffed. If I had realized it at the time, it would probably have been a deal breaker, even though I like everything else. Even getting used to the transmission drone when accelerating. Makes me take things easy to avoid it.

·
Registered
2018 CR-V EX-L FWD Modern Steel Metallic
1,138 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome backs!

So...color choice was 90% my wife's decision, as it will be her daily driver. We didn't want the black interior... the only exterior color available with the ivory interior is white...we have had a number of white cars recently and our RDX is white so white was out. Wife didn't like the blue options, our last CRV, the '18 was Lunar Silver...so Modern Steel it is, and it does look very nice.
i have 2018 modern steel and really like it. it's the lighter of the 2 grays offered in 2018. Had a silver accord and didn't want another silver...
WELCOME BACK!

·
Registered
2018 CR-V EX-L FWD Modern Steel Metallic
1,138 Posts
as my 2018 will be paid off in 5 mths, i'm happy not to have to pay for 2 more yrs for a RDX...

it looks awesome and so glad you are happy w/it.

·
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Does it have memory seats and if so, do the side mirrors position store with the seats. It's my biggest beef with the CRV. It's so dumb that it had to be a deliberate ploy to try and move you into something more expensive. I don't know any other car that has memory seats without also mirrors and every time I have to adjust them I get miffed. If I had realized it at the time, it would probably have been a deal breaker, even though I like everything else. Even getting used to the transmission drone when accelerating. Makes me take things easy to avoid it.
Not sure if you are asking about the CR-V or the RDX...so:
Yes, the 2020 CR-V Touring has memory seats...no the memory still does not include the outside mirrors...but tit DOES include many of the selectable choices in the "settings" based on "driver 1" or "driver 2" FOB.

The 19 RDX also has memory seats and it DOES include the mirrors.

Hope this answers your question.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts