Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you sure it doesn't? Most all have a unlock/release button just not one that will automatically raise the liftgate.
I'm not sure, but I haven't discovered it yet. Haven't looked for it until now. The Wally World pickup groceries asks you to stay in your car and they will load the groceries.

Had to get out to open the hatch.

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,620 Posts
Are you sure it doesn't? Most all have a unlock/release button just not one that will automatically raise the liftgate.
The way the LX tailgate works is you have to push the button while pulling up on the gate to get it started. Just pushing the button will do nothing except release the locking mechanism.. so naturally... pushing a remote button would likewise do nothing.

Reference: old discussion topic on how the LX tailgate works, and does not work: Tailgate Release Button

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,620 Posts
LX takes "base level" to a new dimension. Can't release the hatch from the inside, headlights are manual ...
You get what you pay for. You want more features, you pay more.

And the "I'm not buying any trim higher than LX because I don't want the 1.5T engine is now moot.... as the engine is standard on all trim levels now in the US and has been in Canada since day one.

Even in the LX trim... there are a lot of standard features that are actually options on the base models of other brands. But it is very much a continuing game of marketing leapfrog in the motor vehicle industry as to features vs Trim level (ie: price).

And for the "build it my way" crowd... Honda has never offered owner specific specifications or custom orders to the factory. You either like the vehicle, and choose the trim that best fits your needs (which likely includes features you don't want or need)... or you move on to something else.

·
Registered
178 Posts
LX takes "base level" to a new dimension. Can't release the hatch from the inside, headlights are manual ...
I'm actually quite impressed with the amount of features available in the base LX. Also, I've got auto headlights on mine. Must be one of those 'country specific' features. There are definitely differences between the Canada vs USA base LX models.

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you’re happy with lx - great. But the 1.5 turbo has far superior performance all across rpm range giving the crv a more luxurious driving experience. So you absolutely would notice driving your non batch opening crv home as your grocery getter. But some of us are cheap or can’t afford the higher trims. I’m usually the former.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you’re happy with lx - great. But the 1.5 turbo has far superior performance all across rpm range giving the crv a more luxurious driving experience. So you absolutely would notice driving your non batch opening crv home as your grocery getter. But some of us are cheap or can’t afford the higher trims. I’m usually the former.
Far superior performance that nets 0.1s difference in 0-60 and 1/4 mile times?

Luxurious driving experience? Again my commutes to grocery, work, etc are typically less than 5 miles. I'll suffer through the driving experience afforded by the LX.

I considered a higher trim, but many of the features weren't really worth it to me. And that's before I knew about 1.5T OD problems.

My only justification for an upper trim level would be the safety features.

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
8,215 Posts
Sounds like you have buyers remorse.

Might be better to sell the CR-V and buy something else?

·
Premium Member
2019 Acura RDX Aspec
1,706 Posts
I'm not sure, but I haven't discovered it yet. Haven't looked for it until now. The Wally World pickup groceries asks you to stay in your car and they will load the groceries.

Had to get out to open the hatch.
if you press the ‘trunk’ button on the fob while car is locked it will just unlock the trunk and not the rest of the car allowing access once then lock.

on ex-l and touring you hold for the power liftgate

the non power trunk vehicles its supports when you are loading and unloading groceries an have to make multiple trips to and from

·
Registered
24 Posts
Far superior performance that nets 0.1s difference in 0-60 and 1/4 mile times?

Luxurious driving experience? Again my commutes to grocery, work, etc are typically less than 5 miles. I'll suffer through the driving experience afforded by the LX.

I considered a higher trim, but many of the features weren't really worth it to me. And that's before I knew about 1.5T OD problems.

My only justification for an upper trim level would be the safety features.
So you are cheap like me. It’s ok admission is the first step lol. But no need to justify by starting up about the engine being the same, inferior or whatever. And if your drive is only 5 miles not necessitating certain features, I guess no need for cruise, power windows, etc. and if you don’t need much of a vehicle, I guess you should be fine opening your hatch. Sounds like it could be good exercise?
Btw the 1.5 is significantly faster than the old engine and get several mpg better in all circumstances. Again, some of us are cheap others on the other side. Nice that we all have options.

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
5,204 Posts
It seems to me that this discussion was about what features owners of the LX model wish it had.

NHBFAN...what year is your CR-V? As of 2020 the LX model now includes all the safety features as standard.

·
Registered
178 Posts
It seems to me that this discussion was about what features owners of the LX model wish it had.

NHBFAN...what year is your CR-V? As of 2020 the LX model now includes all the safety features as standard.
... and I also for believe for 2020 in the USA the 2.4 is no longer available and so 1.5t for all trims now including LX.

·
Premium Member
2019 Acura RDX Aspec
1,706 Posts
Is there a way to open/unlatch the tailgate from inside (not just unlock it) on any model without power assist lift?

I have an EX.
Pretty sure you only have an emergency hatch release when a trunk is enclosed.
Due to the 2nd row not being a full wall and being able to be lowered its doesn't meet that criteria for an inside latch

1 - 20 of 26 Posts