Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am mainly interested in the 2018 CRV lx. to be used as a work commute vehicle. I currently have a 2012 Civic. All the reviews I see are for the ex and above trims. I would love to hear from lx owners about your vehicle and if your happy with it. I see lots of complaints about new turbo noise, lag, heat system inside cab that I hope are not an issue with older proven 2.4l engine. Does anyone know if lx has the same amount of road noise/noise insulation in cab? Does the car actually ride the same as ex? Seems harder and harder to find info. about lx since turbo model came out. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Suspension and sound insulation will be the same across all of the models in a given year.

I have a 2014 EX which has a K24Z6 version of the 2.4l
Compression ratio:10.0:1, 185 hp (138 kW) @ 7000 RPM, 163 lb⋅ft (221 N⋅m) @ 4400 RPM, redline 7000 RPM

It looks like the 2105 and newer CR-Vs get the K24W "Earth Dreams" version.
Compression ratio:11.1:1, 185 hp (138 kW) @ 6400 RPM, 181 lb⋅ft (245 N⋅m) @ 4500 RPM, redline 6800 RPM

Slightly different, but very similar.
I did notice that the K24W has direct injection.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
You'll get alot of people that will bring up the gas/oil thing probably but i've owned a few elements and family members have 2.4 CRVS and i love our 1.5L T it shines on the highway on side streets its not spectacular but it does its job.

The LX wasn't an option for only a few bucks more you get carplay, all the honda sensing suite & keyless entry. There was a few things it was missing but if you're in your car alot look into it you might even SAVE money on INS vs payment depending your driving history.

Sorry i'm not and LX owner but we did shop it very hard and after doing the numbers we went EX

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You'll get alot of people that will bring up the gas/oil thing probably but i've owned a few elements and family members have 2.4 CRVS and i love our 1.5L T it shines on the highway on side streets its not spectacular but it does its job.

The LX wasn't an option for only a few bucks more you get carplay, all the honda sensing suite & keyless entry. There was a few things it was missing but if you're in your car alot look into it you might even SAVE money on INS vs payment depending your driving history.

Sorry i'm not and LX owner but we did shop it very hard and after doing the numbers we went EX
I am not familiar with the "INS", is that the safety features offered on EX? I have seen several post about the heater system not working well on ex models, I assume
it was because of turbo, I wonder if the 2.4 lx models have heat issues?

Thank you for replying.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,575 Posts
Ins is probably insurance.

·
Registered
2018 CR-V EX-L FWD Modern Steel Metallic
1,102 Posts
i would look at the differences b/n the models.

I had certain items that were not negotiable, and some that were.
ended up that 2 items most important to me were only on the EX-L. thus w/a little negotiation, i got the 3 items i wanted... and am happy i went w/the EX-L. the difference b/n EX-L & Touring were not important to me.

i don't plan on purchasing a new vehicle again... so i made this one, one i wanted.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am mainly interested in the 2018 CRV lx. to be used as a work commute vehicle. I currently have a 2012 Civic. All the reviews I see are for the ex and above trims. I would love to hear from lx owners about your vehicle and if your happy with it. I see lots of complaints about new turbo noise, lag, heat system inside cab that I hope are not an issue with older proven 2.4l engine. Does anyone know if lx has the same amount of road noise/noise insulation in cab? Does the car actually ride the same as ex? Seems harder and harder to find info. about lx since turbo model came out. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
I guess I am asking if there are many happy crv lx owners on here. All the new reviews on youtube review the higher end models, I would love to hear from lx owners and likes/dislikes before I decide to buy. Thank You!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have the LX and like it except it has the same issue with oil dilution, even though it is a non turbo 2.4L.
You might want to add Fog lights and complete kits (after market) are available for just over $100.
Some who buy the higher priced versions turn off some of the extra features they find bothersome.
Test drive one. Then decide if the extra money is worth it for the extra gadgets.
Or, do not buy either version for a while until Honda figures out what to do about the increasing numbers of vehicles, especially in cold climates, that are developing engine problems due to oil dilution.
Personally, if I had known about this issue, I would have either waited or shopped for a different vehicle.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the LX and like it except it has the same issue with oil dilution, even though it is a non turbo 2.4L.
You might want to add Fog lights and complete kits (after market) are available for just over $100.
Some who buy the higher priced versions turn off some of the extra features they find bothersome.
Test drive one. Then decide if the extra money is worth it for the extra gadgets.
Or, do not buy either version for a while until Honda figures out what to do about the increasing numbers of vehicles, especially in cold climates, that are developing engine problems due to oil dilution.
Personally, if I had known about this issue, I would have either waited or shopped for a different vehicle.
For me I have narrowed down to the CRV or Santa Fe Sport. I own a 2012 Civic and its been a great car and very reliable. My fiancé has a 17 Santa Fe sport and its very impressive also. Hyundai is offering $3500 in rebates, so getting a very nicely equipped model (fog lights, push button start, remote start, dual climate zones, heated seats just to name a few options)for around $22,600. I think Honda is probably better quality but Hyundai offers 10yr./100000 mile warranty. Its a tough choice for me and I welcome any opinions or comments regarding the 2 vehicles.

·
Registered
129 Posts
i would look at the differences b/n the models.

I had certain items that were not negotiable, and some that were.
ended up that 2 items most important to me were only on the EX-L. thus w/a little negotiation, i got the 3 items i wanted... and am happy i went w/the EX-L. the difference b/n EX-L & Touring were not important to me.

i don't plan on purchasing a new vehicle again... so i made this one, one i wanted.
ditto ditto ditto ditto,
For what you get in either middle trim options it's worth the literal few dollars or euros, etc / month for what you get safety & convenience wise

1 - 11 of 11 Posts