Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 crv 2.2d auto black edition.
Noticed that the engine has a rattling sound when accelerating, but only when it is cold outside. E.g. less than 15 degrees celsius.
After checking with an obd reader, I noticed that the intake air temp is too high. Normally 20or more degrees higher than the ambient air temp. (Ambient temp is the one you see on the dash, inlet air temp is measured in the air filter box, or near).
Even when the car sat all night, and the engine is cold, the ambient temp is 15 degreed, I read the inlet air 35 degrees or more. This is probably a false reading. It could be higher when the engine is warm, but in the morning. Or when I am driving at high speed, it should be close to the ambient temp.
Any ideas?
Can you check yours please?
Can you also help me to locate the IAT sensor as I cannot find it anywhere. It might be a combined MAF + IAT as one ??.

·
Registered
892 Posts
If you don't see one stuck in the intake tube somewhere, it may be in the MAF. Could consult the parts diagram. Might give you some insight.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.