Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hi,
Does anyone use the iCE liquid clay bar (TURTLE)on their CRV's?
Is it safe for the bumper or exterior plastic?

Thank you
I don't know about the clay bar but I have used the liquid as an in between waxing dress up.I put it on everything except glass and tires and it does a great job specially on black plastic and rubber (no white marks) Only complaint is it does not last longer than 3 washes,I even think a good rain would take it off.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I wondered the same thing!

I used a Meguiars solid clay bar. Wondered but went ahead & used it and it seemed to work fine. I did not have enough courage to put wax on the bumpers and exterior plastic.

I am not familiar with the Ice liquid. If it is just clay and nothing more, I think you will be OK, but if it has cleaners or wax in it I would be concerned.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just finished detailing my black motorcycle with Ice Clay Bar Liquid and it does work well on water spots and oxidation. I have used the old clay bars before and had very good luck on dark colors, but it is not that obvious on lighter colors. The liquid is VERY easy to use, just wipe it on, let it stand, rinse it off, and wax over it. You can get down in small spots with the liquid while using the semi solid bar was more difficult. The Ice did take off the oxidation and accepted the Ice Wax. As far as the durability of the Ice Wax, I am not sure it is any better than any other product. I will say that it does go on easy and shines up to a nice gloss. I have a friend who says the new synthetic waxes are the way to go, but time will tell.

I did not tackle the bumpers on the V. It seems no matter what you do to them it is only temporary, so instead of all the work I just allow my to turn gray and wash them when I was the V.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I just finished detailing my black motorcycle with Ice Clay Bar Liquid and it does work well on water spots and oxidation. I have used the old clay bars before and had very good luck on dark colors, but it is not that obvious on lighter colors. The liquid is VERY easy to use, just wipe it on, let it stand, rinse it off, and wax over it. You can get down in small spots with the liquid while using the semi solid bar was more difficult. The Ice did take off the oxidation and accepted the Ice Wax. As far as the durability of the Ice Wax, I am not sure it is any better than any other product. I will say that it does go on easy and shines up to a nice gloss. I have a friend who says the new synthetic waxes are the way to go, but time will tell.

I did not tackle the bumpers on the V. It seems no matter what you do to them it is only temporary, so instead of all the work I just allow my to turn gray and wash them when I was the V.
Did you use on chrome as well?
I need to give my baby a bath and some nice wax.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Actually I hate to thread Hijack but I have a question about clay bar, if I use a standard meguiars old school clay bar (2 included in set) how long should it take to do the whole car. I like many ICE products specifically the interior cleaner but I have found that these super easy to apply products have faults in durability. The ICE wax shined up the vehicle but didn't really clear many scratches or provide the smooth finish that a putty or a paste provide.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.