Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
I bought Axxess ASWC-1 from Crutchfield, and I lost my bluetooth controls. I have a 2014 CR-V EX-L without Nav (base unit).

Their tech told me in a chat:

10/12/2014 5:01:27 p.m. Don Is the "Axxess ASWC-1 Steering Wheel Control Adapter" the same as an iDataLink?
10/12/2014 5:01:54 p.m. Abe Yes, it is. I'm not showing the idatalink option is compatible with your vehicle. Only this one
So I'm guessing the tech used some kind of configuration wizard that was inconspicuously missing the iDataLink. Otherwise the bluetooth controls won't work. ;)

The shop that installed everything told me to get the iDataLink Maestro RR.

I should have listened...ordering it now, then another trip to the shop to swap out.

Once the dust settles I hope Crutchfield refunds me the Axxess ASWC-1, as the shop tossed the package it came in.

I'll update my other thread when I get a chance to put together a decent summary.

http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/20-mobile-electronics/61225-carplay.html

Don

·
Registered
704 Posts
PAC RP4-HD11 retains everything as well. You just need to add one extra wire to keep phone controls.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I ended up getting the iDataLink Maestro RR from a shop in the area, and all the buttons are now enabled again! :)

I let Crutchfield know their database (the one that chat/phone reps use to put orders together) is off for this combination car and head unit. They are happy to take back the integration unit, only taking an $8 restocking fee because the box was tossed out during install.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I ended up getting the iDataLink Maestro RR from a shop in the area, and all the buttons are now enabled again! :)

I let Crutchfield know their database (the one that chat/phone reps use to put orders together) is off for this combination car and head unit. They are happy to take back the integration unit, only taking an $8 restocking fee because the box was tossed out during install.
I'm 300 miles into a 1,200 mile trip. One thing I need to get done, one wire has to be correctly placed for AVIC-5000NEX night dim to work. That's where the unit dims when the headlights turn on...to match the behavior of the dash night dim.

Another thing I noticed is the source button on the left switches the source but CarPlay has no idea about the switch so doesn't indicate what the new source is. I guess that's to be expected since CarPlay source is all on the iPhone.

·
Registered
716 Posts
@jepalan I'm just curious, the iDataLink Maestro RR lets you select the HH/MM in i-Mid but does not let you actually adjust...have you actually adjusted your clock with the PAC? TIA, Don

·
Registered
704 Posts
@jepalan I'm just curious, the iDataLink Maestro RR lets you select the HH/MM in i-Mid but does not let you actually adjust...have you actually adjusted your clock with the PAC? TIA, Don
Hi Don,
I haven't installed my PAC RP4-HD11 yet, it is waiting with my new DEH-80PRS for my dash panel to arrive.

But, @esummers78 did install it a while back with the AVIC-8000NEX and confirmed he can set the clock.
Read this post and the ones after it--> http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/20-mobile-electronics/44857-i-mid-after-aftermarket-installation-post296329.html#post296329

Maybe you can PM him for more info

·
Registered
716 Posts
Thanks for confirming...iDataLink actually responded to my question (regarding inability to set iMid clock using iDataLink Maestro RR) with good news:

http://www.12voltdata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=318&t=12781#p51974

The firmware that is on your RR right now is an analog version, so we cannot use those buttons to control the clock settings. We are working on a digital firmware that will allow control of the i-mod and resolve this.

·
Registered
48 Posts
anybody viewing this thread for crv radio upgrade?
I'm planning to upgrade the radio on my crv2016. for apple carplay and android auto capability.
i just bought the kenwood dmx906s with wireless carplay/android auto; 3 camera input - just what you need for me to be able to maintain the lanewatch camera. the lanewatch camera would be the most challenging portion of this upgrade.
steering wheel controls - medium challenges ahead as well.
i already did upgrade four of my hondas - the 2013 civic was the one i did have challenges with since the steering wheel buttons for radio and handsfree buttons are located separately.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Old post but I thought I'd add my 2 cents. First off I just received an email that the Maestro RR2 will soon be released. It adds some new functions but mainly it adds bluetooth so the unit can be flashed via bluetooth using an iPhone or Android phone. That would be a big help in that I installed a wireless CarPlay Alpine iLX-107 in my 2008 EXL and used a Maestro RR for the steering wheel and auto info adapter. I couldn't find a way to mount the unit to easily access it's data port so to reconfigure the unit I'd have to take things apart enough for access.

The Maestro RR has been a solid unit. I like that it added gauges to the readout including displaying the tire pressure in each tire so I know exactly which tire is low and by how much. I also installed an Alpine backup camera. Works fine.

I also installed an iLX-107 in my 2005 EX. For the steering wheel controls I used the ASWC-1. The 2005 doesn't have the tire pressure sensors so no need for the Maestro. The ASWC was much simpler to install. I doesn't need to be flashed to configure, in fact the SW buttons can be reconfigured by pressing the buttons in a certain order. Much simpler but it's not as solid of a unit. Every now and then it doesn't connect quite right and to get the buttons working I need to restart the car....maybe about 1% of the time is all though. Put a camera on the 2005 too.

I know most people are installing new head units in newer CRVs and the installation is much more complex with the dual displays and additional cameras, but I thought I'd mention there's a new Maestro RR 2 coming out soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts