Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some quick advice, I’m Xmas shopping for the owner of a 2016 crv, non Navigation.

Getting a pioneer avh1550nex (or something very similar, Apple CarPlay with a nice touch screen head unit to replace the dreary stock)
Want to include something that will retain functionality of the IMID, steering wheel controls, and the rear view camera on the imid screen (if that’s possible)

The maestro idatalink and pac rp4-hd11 seem to be the two interfaces that do this.

So I ask you as crv owners ,which would be the better gift option and why?

Also do I need any other harnesses/wiring aside from the radio/interface harnessss and dash kit (anything like antenna/camera wiring that’s not obvious)
I want to hand her a box with all that’s needed and a gift card for install so it’s a complete package...

Thank you very much in advance. I own and work on old cars so these secondary screens are sort of a new world.
Appreciate any advice!

·
Registered
222 Posts
What is retained depends on the trim level of the car. The PAC won’t put data on the iMID, the RR will, again, depending on the trim level. Use the iDataLink search tool, and the radio must have the green DATA on the picture to be able to have iMID data. 1550 does.

Note: with the RR, the clock is set from the radio. You can no longer set it yourself with the steering wheel controls.

Yes, you will need at least the HO2 wire harness with the RR, plus an antenna adapter and dash kit. If you are having it professionally installed, make sure they know how to use the RR.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts