Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey!
I have had an idle air code going off for over a year, and tried many things but so far no solution!

Model: 2003 Honda CRV LX automatic trans

Symptoms:
  • About once every 30 drives, the idle surges. Only after the engine is up to temp, and only when I'm lightly accelerating/braking/starting/stopping (slow neighbourhood driving). This is kind of random, and seems to happen on days where the car has many trips.
  • Every drive, when the engine is up to temp, taking my foot off the gas feels like tapping the brakes. This happens at all driving speeds.
  • Idle speed is ~900 rpm
  • Code p0505 is reported when I scan the engine. When I reset it, it comes back within 30 minutes, whether or not the idle has been surging.
What I've tried:
  • Cleaned the throttle body
  • Smoke checked the engine and determined there are no vacuum leaks
  • Replaced the IAC valve with a brand new one, and verified that it is working
  • Cleaned the ECM/PCM's electrical terminals and lightly applied dielectric grease to connections
  • Idle relearn procedure after each
Any ideas here? Looking forward to any help you can offer!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had codes 1077/1078. Cleaned then replaced imrc. Began throwing 0505/1505 so checked leaks with carb cleaner, cleaned throttle body & iacv, changed pcv then got 1129 code. Changed iacv, worked for 120 miles but code is back. I'm stumoed.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
I had codes 1077/1078. Cleaned then replaced imrc. Began throwing 0505/1505 so checked leaks with carb cleaner, cleaned throttle body & iacv, changed pcv then got 1129 code. Changed iacv, worked for 120 miles but code is back. I'm stumoed.
This is why it's best to have a mechanic sort it out. You likely not have a leak around the intake after replacing the IMRC. One of the vacuum lines, intake gaskets etc. Something is leaking.

Be helpful if people would post what the codes mean because not even mechanics have the 1000s of codes memorized.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2009 CR-V EX
80 Posts
I cleaned my egr ports and throttle body last week and my 650 idle then shot up to 900, with random surging of up to 1700 idle while slowing down. My crv threw the p507 code, idle speed too high. I tried relearning the idle speed, cleared the code but it did no good and the idle stayed high and kept fluctuating. I did some researching and learned that I needed to do the two tps reset procedures, with a bi-directional scanner, to solve that surging and high idle problem. I read that this reset has to be done after any cleaning or replacing of the tps or idle control valve. I purchased a scanned that is capable of doing that reset and much more, did the tps reset and my idle and driveability problems were then solved. I got my info from a post on this forum, regarding tps and idle relearn procedures.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts