Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New CRV, has an intermittent misfire while sitting at a stoplight. The idle goes down to about 600 rpm and I can feel the vibration. I have 4300 miles. Any ideas? Of course I will have it addresed at the dealership when I get the first service.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Sounds like someone washed the motor.............. check the coil pack for moisture down by the plug, I had that happen to me before.
It only did it at when I was stopped. You will have to remove the coil.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
257 Posts
New CRV, has an intermittent misfire while sitting at a stoplight. The idle goes down to about 600 rpm and I can feel the vibration. I have 4300 miles. Any ideas? Of course I will have it addresed at the dealership when I get the first service.
Suggestion: check out the "Vibrations at idle" thread for 2015 CR-Vs on this Forum. It has been active for many months and has tons of info.

·
Registered
229 Posts
there is no 'problem' unless you see a engine light or feel it miss fire and hear it as you revv the engine.
This is a big 4 cylinder and my last 2.4 crv was the same bit of a rough idle so was our 2.4 Sonata.
It's just the nature of the beast, just enjoy your new vehicle.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Should not do it, byronrub. Good luck at your dealer.

There are some who try and convince themselves that this is normal. Don't believe it. It is NOT. For the money you paid for your new vehicle, there should be ZERO vibration.

Normal for CR-Vibrators only. :D

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Should not do it, byronrub. Good luck at your dealer.

There are some who try and convince themselves that this is normal. Don't believe it. It is NOT. For the money you paid for your new vehicle, there should be ZERO vibration.

Normal for CR-Vibrators only. :D

Attention All Vehicle Owners> To avoid all vibrations turn the power to the engine OFF. This is the only guarantee for no vibrations. Your tires will last forever and the gas tank will stay full.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts