Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

If Honda offered a manual transmission CRV, would you get one?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I miss manual/stick transmission. :auto:

If Honda offered a manual transmission CRV, would you get one?

1 - yes :thumb:
2 - no :Loco:

Registered
Yes, I would.
And CR-Vs are offered in other countries with manual transmissions, just not in the US since the 2006 model year.

My first CR-V was a 1999 EX with 5 speed manual trans, which was replaced by a 2006 EX with 5 speed manual trans.
I wish a manual trans had been an option when I bought my 2014 EX.

Registered
YES,i DON'T LIKE THE GROUND SPEED CONSTANTLY CHANGING AT A FIXED THROTTLE SETTING, BUT WOULD THE 1.5L ENGINE BE ABLE TO MOVE THIS CAR WITH ONLY 5 OR 6 GEARS?

Registered
I wouldn鈥檛. I鈥檇 just buy car with a manual transmission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Yes. It's not fair that Honda offers these everywhere else but not here. I think someone should sue them over it. I've never seen a scenario where fewer options produced more sales overall, so it makes no sense.

Registered
you realize that made no sense right???? LOL

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Made sense to me. I don鈥檛 want an SUV with a manual transmission. To me an SUV is for the family and my wife can鈥檛 drive a manual transmission. If I wanted a manual transmission I would buy a Civic or Accord.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
I would never allow entry into my family to, or association with, anyone unable to drive a manual transmission. I consider these people no better than people who can't cook or shoot. They are unskilled and unprepared for life. These people will be the first to fail to protect me, and therefore the first to attack me, in the coming zombie apocalypse. I certainly won't ride in a car with them, or allow my children to ride with them, as they are fundamentally unskilled drivers, who lack sufficient hand-eye coordination for survival now, let alone once the transmission fluid wells have run dry. Shoot, by then they won't be busy texting anyway, so their hands will be free enough. But right now they can't see that, because they don't have time to look up from their phones. In the end, it's not that I am prejudiced, it's just that there's no point in getting to know them, because the helpless will become the first zombies. You can't fool Mother Nature.

Registered
I would never allow entry into my family to, or association with, anyone unable to drive a manual transmission. I consider these people no better than people who can't cook or shoot. They are unskilled and unprepared for life. These people will be the first to fail to protect me, and therefore the first to attack me, in the coming zombie apocalypse. I certainly won't ride in a car with them, or allow my children to ride with them, as they are fundamentally unskilled drivers, who lack sufficient hand-eye coordination for survival now, let alone once the transmission fluid wells have run dry. Shoot, by then they won't be busy texting anyway, so their hands will be free enough. But right now they can't see that, because they don't have time to look up from their phones. In the end, it's not that I am prejudiced, it's just that there's no point in getting to know them, because the helpless will become the first zombies. You can't fool Mother Nature.
If you're being serious you're a complete lunatic.

Registered
Why, thank you, Sir! For many years I was an incomplete one, but when I retired, I applied for my Lunatic License, and then, with my years of experience, easily qualified for it. So rest assured - I am fully certified as complete, and happy to be of service. The way I see it, if you can't be silly, what's the point? I also have the obtuse and obsequious endorsements.

Everything in Moderation
See Larry? I TOLD you that you need to utilize the 'JUST KIDDING' disclaimer more often! :Darn::sweat::Loco::king:

Hmmm...perhaps another Poll: Should we revoke Larry's Lunatic License? :DramaLlama:

Registered
Yeah, I shoulda. They don't have an emoji for that?

My biggest problem with this automatic is that when I get up to cruising speed my fingers keep trying to find the splitter so I can drop it in the big hole. Which is when the sudden reality check happens. I hate that.

Registered
Taking the joking out of this post, I 110% AGREE WITH YOU.

I'm half you age and so annoyed with the fact people cant function. I have had multiple arguements with my wife over this (which I won, now she checks her fluids and tire pressures etc but still lost on a manual transmission) because I'm tired of people being so freaking lazy and incapable of doing anything that doesnt involve a phone.

I have been contemplating buying a manual transmission CRV when I can find one just to piss her off. I know if I ever get a toy it will be a manual.

Not sure I fear a "zombie apocalypse" in the traditional sense. But we are kind of in the midst of one in a sense. People are "zombies" when it comes to their phones.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Registered
You hit that nail on the head! It's no wonder how things are these days, since everyone became so helpless. Apparently the so-called dumbing down of America worked. I kind of suspected it years ago but I never thought it would be this soon.

Hmmm. The zombiephone apocalypse. Yeah, that works. Which makes a manual transmission an excellent anti-theft device. Who knew that would happen?

Registered
I would agree that it depends on what the car is used for. If you are a rush hour stop and go traffic commuter, then a manual would not be best. But for all other purposes, it is far superior. Especially on weather impaired surfaces, such as snow and ice, where total driveline control is critical for maintaining traction. Which is something no automatic has, and is why they are less safe in such conditions. It's also true that an automatic transmission consumes 20% of the engine's power just to run itself, where a manual does not, so the same engine with a manual has essentially 20% more power available.

Registered
Why is the poll closed?

Never again. I suffered through two cars with manuals. With the rush hour traffic we get here, it would be a PITA to own one ever again. This is the 21st century, and with gas mileage now better on automatics and CVTs, there is no reason for me to own one. There is a hardcore community of enthusiasts who insist on "manual all the things" but you know what? I'm not racing, nor do I give a crap about the alleged "advantages." I'm driving a passenger vehicle. If it gets me from one point to another efficiently, then the vehicle has done its job. If it were a mid-life crisis project/fun car maybe I would consider it but even there, it's going to be a hard sell.

YMMV of course, but that's my take on it. As a daily driver, I've "noped" the heck out of manuals decades ago...

1 - 20 of 62 Posts