Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honda has issued a second TSB 18-114 letter. The first was sent in December and the second was sent in February.
The obvious difference between the two is the manner in which the “A/C control unit” is corrected.

If Honda has issued a second TSB 18-124 letter, that would seem to imply that Honda has changed the code used to correct “your vehicle’s software”.

So, If you received a TSB 18-124 letter in December, did you get another in February?

· Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD sold
4,164 Posts
I have a 2018 Touring built 9/18 and I have not received any letter at all. Perhaps newer 2018s already have the update? If there is a newer software update, I would think they would notify me.
That makes sense. You can also check in honda recall page with your vin.

· Registered
3 Posts
That makes sense. You can also check in honda recall page with your vin.
I checked the Honda Owner's site and my VIN shows "there are no current safety recalls for this vehicle." I'm not having any issues with my CRV, but I only have 1000 miles on it. I am concerned with how Honda has dealt with the 1.5 turbo issues in the event I do get them and in the resale value of the car when I sell it in 4-5 years.

· Registered
858 Posts
I checked the Honda Owner's site and my VIN shows "there are no current safety recalls for this vehicle." I'm not having any issues with my CRV, but I only have 1000 miles on it. I am concerned with how Honda has dealt with the 1.5 turbo issues in the event I do get them and in the resale value of the car when I sell it in 4-5 years.
In the USA, iirc it doesn't show up, its official designation is a product update, not a safety recall.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

· Registered
429 Posts
Yup

Got the work done 2 weeks ago, just got a second letter.
That's a relatively short timeline (2 week window), I have a suspicion that people receiving a letter now 'may' be people who have not had any work performed yet. We need someone who had the work done 4+ weeks ago to confirm they have received another (updated) letter. My vehicle was updated Dec. 27th, as of today I have not received another letter.

· Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This post from the Mpg change after recall thread explains why I believe that a change in TSB 18-124 has also occurred.
https://www.crvownersclub.com/forum...5703-mpg-change-after-recall.html#post1541675
A portion of the post follows:

Jst Bcuz,

I saw that you lived in Eastern NC one of the unaffected states, that's what caught my interest. The fact that you live in the South would mean to me that your dealer would not have the A/C parts available for the early 114 fix, so he was probably only authorized to apply the 124 fix, which he did.
Then on February 10 a newer fix was applied, which I read to mean that you had a new and improved version of the 124 fix applied.

This is good news to me because it means that Honda has modified the original version of the "your vehicle's software updated" part of the fix that is common to both TSBs. I think it's good news that Honda is continuing its attempt to find a solution to the OD problem, not just the Heat.

Thanks,
Bob

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.